For Building Administrators
Thank you for being a vital part of the Ohio Resident Educator Program!
The Ohio Resident Educator Program can be envisioned as a journey on a path of continued professional learning that leads educators to more effective practices and excellence in teaching. The four-year residency program consists of a system of support and mentoring, assessing teacher learning, and exploring leadership within the profession.
Program Participation Requirements for Building Administrators
Administrators allocate resources (including time and scheduling) and support the success of the Resident Educator Program. Administrators support resident educators and mentors with relevant professional development activities in the mentoring years that ensure successful RESA completion during the performance years. Administrators also work with the program coordinator and district administrators to develop, implement and evaluate effective local Resident Educator Programs. A supportive building administrator plays a key role in matching resident educators with the best mentor teachers, providing specific feedback and guidance, and being accessible and responsive to the individual needs of these new teachers.
- Ensure the program coordinator has been assigned the role of the Coordinator-Resident Educator Program in Ohio Educational Directory System (OEDS)
- Work with program coordinators to select and assign mentors. Suggestion: Use the Mentor Selection Tool (revisions coming soon) or locally designed tool
- Ensure mentors complete state training (RE Mentor Academy Day 1 and Day 2)
- Ensure that resident educators are registered in CORE by Nov. 15 (click here for CORE reporting requirements)
- Provide time for resident educator-mentor collaboration and observations
- Provide relevant professional development for mentors and resident educators
- Maintain communication between resident educators, mentors and program coordinators to assess program success and progress.
- Provide time for resident educator-mentor collaboration and observations.
- Support program coordinators, resident educators and mentors to assess program success and progress.
- Maintain communication among resident educators, mentors and program coordinators.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure year-end reporting requirements in CORE are completed by the end of the year. Click here for CORE reporting requirements.
- Self-assess the Resident Educator Program (may use the Resident Educator Program Planning and Evaluation Tool (revisions coming soon) as a guide).
Requirements of the Resident Educator Program
Resources and Tools
More Information about the Resident Educator Program
Last Modified: 8/31/2020 4:23:10 PM