Thank you for being a vital part of the Ohio Resident Educator Program! Mentoring is the heart of the Ohio Resident Educator Program.
The Ohio Resident Educator Program can be envisioned as a journey on a path of continued professional learning that leads educators to more effective practices and excellence in teaching. The four-year residency program consists of a system of support and mentoring, assessing teacher learning, and exploring leadership within the profession.
As a Mentor, you will be working with Resident Educators to provide ongoing instructional support through differentiated mentoring models that allow new teachers to grow and practice the profession of teaching during their initial years of residency. Below you will find valuable information necessary to understand your role and requirements, as well as tools and resources available to you as an Ohio Resident Educator Mentor.
Getting Started as a Mentor
Requirements of the Resident Educator Program
Mentor Resources and Tools
- Mentor Toolkit
- Advanced Mentor Training Learning Module
- To access Advanced Mentor Training please go to your Ohio Department of Education OH|ID account. Once you are signed into your OH|ID account, choose Learning Management System and click on ok for "navigating to an external application". This will bring you to the department's Learning Management System (LMS). You may then choose this course from the Course Catalog.
- Mentor Refresh Learning Module
- Follow the same directions as indicated under Advanced Mentor Training Learning Module above to access Mentor Refresh.
- NEW Mentor Academy Update: a voiced-over presentation updating mentors certified prior to 2018
- Mentor Moments from Resident Educator Newsletters
- Focused Mentoring
- Download and unzip this folder to access eight sample focused mentoring activities as well as a focused mentoring activity template.
- Focused Mentoring online courses
- To access the Focused Mentoring courses please go to yourOhio Department of Education OH|ID account. Once you are signed into your OH|ID account, choose Learning Management System and click on ok for "navigating to an external application." This will bring you to the department's Learning Management System (LMS). You may then choose this course from the Course Catalog.
More Information about the Resident Educator Program
Last Modified: 6/25/2020 2:50:37 PM