CORE Reporting Requirements
Program coordinators use the Connected Ohio Records for Educators (CORE) system to plan, implement, and report on the Resident Educator Program each school year. Program coordinators must have the coordinator-resident educator role in the Ohio Educational Directory System (OEDS) to access the CORE registration system. Program coordinators are required to use this system to register their resident educators and to report their participation in and completion of each program year. Each resident educator must be registered and have end-of-year completion criteria entered in CORE each year he or she participates in the program.
An educator must meet all eligibility requirements to be registered in the program. Click here to review the eligibility requirements to participate in the program. It is also recommended that resident educators have updated and current information and an accurate email address in their SAFE account.
Resident Educator Registration (Opening August 21)
Resident Educators must hold a Resident Educator license, an alternative Resident Educator license of any type or a one-year out-of-state license to be registered. Program coordinators can register Resident Educators in CORE beginning August 21. As part of the Resident Educator registration, program coordinators must also select the name and/or state ID of the Resident Educator’s mentor from the state’s licensure database.
Before registering resident educators for the current year, ensure you have the following information:
- Resident Educator State ID and full name
- Resident Educator’s teaching assignment
- Resident Educator’s program year status
- If an educator has not successfully completed all of the criteria for a status (i.e. Year 1, Year 2, Year 3), he/she cannot be registered the following year for the next status.
- If no completion criteria are entered for an educator at the end of the prior year, he/she cannot be registered the following school year. The coordinator must contact the REProgram@education.ohio.gov first to enter the completion criteria section, and then register the educator for the current school year.
- Resident Educator’s credit for teaching experience outside of the program, if applicable. Click here to learn more.
- Candidate’s school or building IRN
- Fiscal Organization IRN (this is usually the district IRN)
- Mentor or Facilitator State ID and full name
Program coordinators will access the CORE Resident Educator registration system by first logging in to his or her SAFE account and then clicking on the ODE.CORE link. From the CORE Licensure Dashboard under Important Links, click on RE Registration. A CORE User's Guide can be found in the dropdown menu under the Resident Educator tab, or you can download the User's Guide below.
Resident Educator Program CORE User's Guide
Program coordinators are required to provide confirmation in CORE that all program requirements have or have not been completed at the end of each school year. Completion criteria for previous program years cannot be entered once a new program year has started. If you find you have resident educators with No Entry for a registration record from a prior year, please email REProgram@education.ohio.gov for assistance.
Last Modified: 8/18/2017 9:04:38 AM