Program Eligibility Requirements
To participate in the program as a Resident Educator, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Possess the appropriate Ohio educator license. Individuals holding a Resident Educator or Alternative Resident Educator license participate in the Ohio Resident Educator Program. New Ohio teachers holding a one-year out-of-state educator license in Ohio may also participate. Individuals teaching career-technical courses under an alternative resident educator workforce development license are exempt from participating in the local Resident Educator Program.
- Meet the employment requirements for eligibility. To participate, Resident Educators must:
- Be employed by an ODE-chartered educational entity, ODE or ODJFS licensed preschool, Ohio correctional facility or a private educational agency located in Ohio;
- Teach at least two classes or work at least 25 percent full-time equivalent in their area of licensure or in the area in which they hold a supplemental teaching license during the school year;
- Be responsible for planning and delivering standards-based, preK-12 curriculum to students and evaluating their progress during the school year;
- Will work during the school year for a minimum of 120 days as defined in Ohio Revised Code 3319.09, and;
- Be assigned an ODE‐certified mentor or facilitator by their employer.
Last Modified: 3/3/2017 10:19:54 AM