For Program Coordinators
Program Eligibility Requirements for Program Coordinators
To participate in the program as a program coordinator, an individual must be selected by the school or district to serve in this capacity and be assigned the “Coordinator—Resident Educator Role” in the Ohio Educational Directory System (OEDS).
Program Participation Requirements for Program Coordinators
Program coordinators work with administrators to provide program facilitation and fidelity. Program coordinators plan, implement and report on the Resident Educator Program. Refer to the Resident Educator Program Standards and/or Program Standards Planning Tool for information. Program Coordinators remain current of program expectations for resident educators and mentors. An online module titled Mentor Refresh is available which will update the program coordinator on program requirements and the Mentor Tool Kit.
Year Long Requirements
Support resident educators and mentors with relevant professional development activities in the mentoring years that ensure successful RESA completion during the performance years. As program coordinators plan professional development opportunities, they should be tailored to meet the specific needs of the program and district. Program Coordinators also maintain communication between resident educators, mentors and principals throughout the year.
Summer and Fall Requirements
- Work with administrators to select mentors. Suggestion: use the Mentor Selection Tool or locally designed tool.
- Ensure new mentors complete mentor state training, RE Mentor Academy Day 1 and Day 2.
- Determine resident educator program eligibility.
- Make resident educator-mentor assignments.
- Register resident educators in CORE by November 15. Click here for CORE reporting requirements. To register a resident educator after November 15, complete a late registration form.
- Register resident educators who have previously completed years of the program but were not registered by completing a back registration form for the appropriate year:
- Provide orientation to resident educators, mentors and building leaders about program and District requirements, if possible.
- Maintain communication between resident educators, mentors and principals.
Winter and Spring Requirements:
- Self-assess the resident educator program (may use the Program Standards Planning Tool as a guide).
- Complete year-end reporting requirements as determined by your district in CORE by August 1st. Click here for CORE reporting requirements.
- Maintain communication between resident educators, mentors and principals (recommended).
- Support resident educators and mentors as needed.
Last Modified: 8/9/2016 2:53:01 PM