The Mentoring Years
Assigning Resident Educators an Instructional Mentor
During the initial years of the Ohio Resident Educator Program, Resident Educator teachers are partnered with a state-certified instructional Mentor by the local Resident Educator Program Coordinator.
Activities for the Mentoring Years
Resident Educators work collaboratively with their Mentor to complete the local Resident Educator Program requirements. Resident Educators engage in activities that use self-assessment, goal-setting, and reflection and decision-making practices to demonstrate effective use of authentic teacher work such as lesson planning, data analysis, and analysis of student work and assessments. Instructional Mentors and Program Coordinators work together to create specific activities for their Resident Educator that:
Each local program should have established policies and procedures that provide guidance regarding the activities to be completed during the mentoring years of the program. Resident Educators and Mentors should follow the directions provided by the local Resident Educator Program Coordinator to know what specific requirements are necessary in their district.
Additional Mentoring Resources and Tools
- For Mentors
- Mentor Refresh Learning Module
- To access Mentor Refresh please go to your Ohio Department of Education OH|ID account. Once you are signed into your OH|ID account, choose Learning Management System and click on ok for "navigating to an external application". This will bring you to the department's Learning Management System (LMS). You may then choose this course from the Course Catalog.
- Focused Mentoring
- Download and unzip this folder to access eight sample focused mentoring activities as well as a focused mentoring activity template.
- Focused Mentoring online courses
- To access the Focused Mentoring courses please go to yourOhio Department of Education OH|ID account. Once you are signed into your OH|ID account, choose Learning Management System and click on ok for "navigating to an external application." This will bring you to the department's Learning Management System (LMS). You may then choose this course from the Course Catalog.
- Mentor Standards
- Click here for a sample template that a mentor and resident educator could use for focused mentoring.
Last Modified: 3/31/2020 11:09:47 AM