Mentor Eligibility and Certification
Resident Educator Mentor Eligibility Requirements
To participate in the program as a Mentor, individuals must meet the following qualifications:
- Possess, or have previously held (for retired teachers), the five-year professional teaching license, or a permanent license;
- Complete the district application process and be selected to serve, and;
- Attend and successfully complete RE Mentor Academy Day 1 and RE Mentor Academy Day 2 (see more details below).
Resident Educator Mentor Certification/Training Requirements
New Mentors to the Resident Educator Program are required to successfully complete a face-to-face, two-day Mentor Academy entitled “Resident Educator Mentor Academy – Day 1 and Day 2” to receive Mentor certification.
Registration for the trainings can be located in STARS by searching the keywords Mentor, Mentor Academy, RE Mentor Academy, or RE Mentor training. You may also contact your local Educational Service Center (ESC) for available offerings.
At the conclusion of the two-day academy, teachers receive certificates of completion designating they are now considered state-certified Mentors. These designations are valid indefinitely.
For more information on how to log in to STARS, click here
Further Trainings Available to Resident Educator Mentors
- Mentor Refresh Learning Module
- To access Mentor Refresh please go to your Ohio Department of Education SAFE account at https;//safe.ode.state.oh.us/portal. Once you are signed into you SAFE account, choose Learning Management System and click on ok for "navigating to an external application". This will bring you to the department's Learning Management System (LMS). You may then choose this course from the Course Catalog.
Last Modified: 10/12/2017 3:08:04 PM