OST, OELPA and AASCD
Test Window Dates 2018-2019
2018-2019 Ohio’s State Tests – grades 9-12
- Dec. 3-Jan. 11 End-of-course
Spring 2019 Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment (OELPA)
- March 25-April 26 English language arts
- April 1-May 10 Mathematics, science, social studies
Feb. 4-March 29
Spring 2019 Alternate Assessment for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities (AASCD)
Feb. 19-April 12 Operational
April 15-May 31 Independent Field Test
Requesting Exceptions to Online Testing –
Ohio’s State Tests and Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment
Ohio’s State Tests and the Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment are online tests for all students, with some exceptions. The expectation is that all districts and schools will schedule time and provide technology appropriate for their local situations.
The following are situations where districts and schools may be eligible for paper testing:
- A district or school with students who will require the use of paper test forms as an accommodation documented in an IEP or 504 plan or due to a student’s religious beliefs; or
- A district or school that lacks the required technology infrastructure to test all students online, including schools that:
- Are new to state testing and verify a lack of technology to test all students online; or
- Experience a change in the district’s or school’s technology system that impacts capacity to test all students online.
Districts or schools with the above situations involving the limitation of technology should contact the Ohio Department of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
to start the process of determining eligibility for an exception to online testing.
Operating System and Browser Support Updates for 2018-2019
In response to feedback from the field, AIR is providing advanced notice of technology updates planned for the summer of 2018 in preparation for the 2018-2019 school year. This will allow districts to plan summer technology activities before updated documentation is posted in July. This notice includes updates to supported operating systems, supported browsers, and the release plan for new secure browsers and secure test apps. Please refer to the Technology Preparation for 2018-2019
document for details.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kirk Ross at kirk.Ross@education.ohio.gov
Several resources are available on the Online Systems Resources
page of the Ohio’s State Tests portal to help users navigate TIDE and complete tasks for the 2017-2018 school year. These include:
- TIDE User Guide;
- TIDE Tasks Summary for Test Coordinators;
- TIDE User Management Guidance Document;
- User Role Matrix;
- Pre-ID Guidance Document;
- Pre-ID File Layout;
- Pre-ID Upload Templates; and
- TIDE Tutorials.