New! Request for Parent Input -- Ohio’s State Tests Performance Standards Confirmation
The State Board of Education adopts performance standards for the Ohio’s State Tests that are used to determine whether a student meets the proficiency level. Because of the importance of the performance standards, the Board’s Assessment and Accountability Committee has directed the Ohio Department of Education to conduct a confirmation process to review where the performance levels are set for the English language arts (ELA) and mathematics tests. As part of the review process, the Ohio Department of Education is seeking input from parents around the meaning of performance standards for their children as they progress in school and as they prepare for life beyond high school.
We are looking for parents to participate in six virtual discussion committees. Participants should have online access for viewing the meeting information virtually, but video capability is not required. There will be six separate interactive discussions with parent committees, and they will take place on the following dates and times.
- Elementary School (grades 3-5) ELA will be on Tuesday, October 27, 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Middle School (grades 6-8) ELA will be on Wednesday, October 28, 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- High School ELA will be on Thursday, October 29, 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Elementary School (grades 3-5) Mathematics will be on Tuesday, October 27, 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Middle School (grades 6-8) Mathematics will be on Wednesday, October 28, 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- High School Mathematics will be on Thursday, October 29, 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Interested parents may complete the online application located at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/standardsparentgroup2020.
Applications for these parent discussion committees must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 16th.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dr. Marie-Elena Hall at 614-306-3467.