Accessibility for Ohio’s State Tests
This page includes information and resources related to accommodations on state assessments.
Ohio's State Tests
Ohio’s Accessibility Manual is a comprehensive policy document providing information about the accessibility features of Ohio’s State Tests for grades 3-8 and high school in English language arts, mathematics, science and social studies. The manual helps to define the specific accessibility features available for all students, students with disabilities, students who are English language learners and students who are English language learners with disabilities. Ohio’s Accessibility System features are made up of accommodations for students with disabilities and English language learners as well as other features including administrative considerations, universal tools and designated supports.
Ohio's Accessibility Manual - This version does not include the appendices.
- Appendix A - Accessibility Features for Paper-based Ohio’s State Tests
- Appendix B- Reading Access Accommodation Decision-Making Tool
- Appendix C - Protocol for Scribing and Transcribing Student Responses
- Appendix D - Assistive Technology Guidelines
- Appendix E - Emergency Accommodation Form
- Appendix F - Accessibility Feature Decision-Making Framework
OELPA Accessibility Manual
2017 Domain Exemptions
The Accommodations Manual – Selection, Use and Evaluation of Accommodations that Support Instruction and Assessment of Children with Disabilities was developed by the Office for Exceptional (OEC) in the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). The information in this manual applies to the OGT only.
Last Modified: 1/31/2018 11:30:30 AM