GED Consent Form

GED Consent Form

Interested in Applying to take the GED?


August 20, 2014 - UPDATE

Per HB 483 - Effective Date: September 17, 2014

The new Parental Consent form will be available on the website September 10, 2014

Sec. 3313.617. (A) A person who meets all of the following criteria shall be permitted to take the tests of general educational development:

(1) The person is at least eighteen years of age.

(2) The person is officially withdrawn from school.

(3) The person has not received a high school diploma or honors diploma awarded under section 3313.61, 3313.611, 3313.612, or 3325.08 of the Revised Code.

(B) When a person who is at least sixteen years of age but less than eighteen years of age applies to the department of education to take the tests of general educational development, the person shall submit with the application written approval from the person's parent or guardian or a court official.

(C) For the purpose of calculating graduation rates for the school district and building report cards under section 3302.03 of the Revised Code, the department shall count any person for whom approval is obtained from the person's parent or guardian or a court official under division (B) of this section as a dropout from the district or school in which the person was last enrolled prior to obtaining the approval.


Last Modified: 10/8/2014 2:01:41 PM