All Tests – Ohio’s State Tests, OELPA and AASCD
New Downloadable Data File Layout 2016-2017
A new statewide layout for downloadable data files for the 2016-2017 school year is now available on the Reporting Resources
page of the portal. All changes to the layout from the prior year are indicated in red font. Please distribute this layout to all EMIS coordinators, data managers and information technology centers.
This layout will support the reporting of the following administrations:
- OELPA spring 2016 and spring 2017;
- Ohio's State Tests fall 2016, spring 2017 and summer 2017;
- Alternate Assessment (AASCD) spring 2017.
: The layout now includes fields for raw score values for Ohio’s State Tests. These values will be reported starting with the fall 2016 administration; past administrations will not include raw score values.
Directions for accessing district data files can be found in the Online Reporting System User Guide and the Downloading Data Files guidance document, both available on the Reporting Resources
page of the portal.
Secure Browsers for 2017-2018
Beginning in August 2017, version 10 of the secure browser for desktop and laptop devices is available to download from the Ohio’s State Tests
portal. This secure browser is the only version that can be used for the 2017-2018 school year. Older versions of the secure browser installed on desktop and laptop devices cannot be used for secure student testing in 2017-2018. Along with the release of the secure browser, updated technical documentation is available on the Technology Coordinators
The AIR Secure Test App for mobile devices – Chromebooks, iPads and Androids – is new for 2017-2018. As with the desktop secure browser, only the 2017-2018 version can be used for secure student testing. Older versions of the secure test app cannot be used.
Districts should watch for future communication on the release of the secure browser, secure test app and technical documentation.
Pre-ID Layout for Ohio’s State Tests for 2017-2018
The Department has updated its Student Pre-Identification (Pre-ID) File Layout for the 2017-2018 school year. The layout collects student information for Ohio’s State Tests, the Alternate Assessment for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities (AASCD) and the Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment (OELPA). Districts will continue to use the old Pre-ID layout for the Ohio Graduation Tests (OGT).
Please download a copy of the new 2017-2018 Pre-ID layout for Ohio’s State Tests. The layout builds upon the 2016-2017 layout; changes to the layout are indicated in red font. There are no changes to the way pre-ID data is submitted for 2017-2018. The changes to the layout offer clarifications on existing requirements only. Please share and work with your ITC and/or your district data service personnel as soon as possible in the preparation of the Pre-ID files.
Look for additional guidance regarding Pre-ID files to be published in late August on the portal.
Practice Tests for 2017-2018
Based on feedback from the field, the practice test materials, both online and paper, have been refreshed for the 2017-2018 school year.
Districts will see changes to the Practice Test Site
at the end of July. Updates to the site include:
- Updated practice tests for all grades and subjects, except physical science. These practice tests feature item-level scoring; no overall test score will be provided.
- Updated spring 2015 and spring 2016 science and social studies item release tests. The 2015 tests represent the entire test content given in spring 2015.
- Spring 2017 item release tests for all grades and subjects, except physical science.
- New student SSID login option. This optional login choice allows students to log in with their first names and SSIDs as they do for operational tests. Guest login remains the default option and allows anyone (e.g., parents) to experience online testing.
- Updated Practice Site Guidance Document, which covers all updates in detail and provides step-by-step directions for using the Practice Test Site.
Districts will see new and updated paper practice test materials available on the Student Practice Resources
page of the portal at the end of July. This will include:
- English language arts and mathematics practice test materials.
- Revised science and social studies practice test materials.
Special version practice materials will be available later this fall. At the end of September, districts may access large print practice tests for all grades and subjects on the Student Practice Resources
page of the portal. Districts may request braille practice test materials for all grades and subjects starting the end of November. Watch for future communication on how to request braille practice test materials.