Ohio’s State Tests – English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies
Practice Tests for 2017-2018
Based on feedback from the field, the practice test materials, both online and paper, have been refreshed for the 2017-2018 school year.
Updates to the Practice Test Site
- Updated practice tests for all grades and subjects, except physical science. These practice tests feature item-level scoring; no overall test score will be provided;
- Updated spring 2015 and spring 2016 science and social studies item release tests. The 2015 tests represent the entire test content given in spring 2015;
- Spring 2017 item release tests for all grades and subjects, except physical science;
- New student SSID login option. This optional login choice allows students to log in with their first names and SSIDs as they do for operational tests. Guest login remains the default option and allows anyone (e.g., parents) to experience online testing; and
- Updated Practice Site Guidance Document, which covers all updates in detail and provides step-by-step directions for using the Practice Test Site.
New and updated paper practice test materials are available on the Student Practice Resources
page of the portal. This includes:
- English language arts and mathematics practice test materials;
- Revised science and social studies practice test materials.
Special version practice materials have been developed for 2017-2018. Districts may access large print practice tests for all grades and subjects on the Student Practice Resources
page of the portal. Braille practice tests are available for students who are blind and read braille. Districts may request braille practice test materials for all grades and subjects by contacting the Assistive Technology and Accessible Educational Materials Center
Grade 3 English Language Arts Administration
Student Results Data Files (Grade 3 English Language Arts)
District student results data files for the fall 2017 grade 3 English language arts tests will be posted in the Online Reporting System on Dec. 18
. Data files will include scores for students who tested online or whose scorable documents were returned to DRC according to the instructions in the manuals. Records that require discrepancy resolution will be reported after the records are resolved in TIDE.
School Year 2017-2018
Grades 4 and 6 Social Studies
House Bill 49 eliminated the requirement that school districts and schools administer the social studies tests to students in grades 4 and 6 beginning with the 2017-2018 school year. The bill requires any social studies test to be determined by the district or school and permits the test to be formative or summative in nature. The bill also states districts are not required to report the results of any social studies test used by a district or school to the Department.
Senate Bill 3 eliminated the requirement that school districts and schools administer diagnostic assessments to students in grades 1-3 in writing and grades 1-2 in mathematics beginning with the 2017-2018