NEW! Ohio’s State Tests – English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science
Fall 2018 Grade 3 English Language Arts Administration
Rescore and Verification Window
Districts will have an opportunity to submit rescore and verification requests in TIDE until Jan. 30
. Review the Rescores and Verifications Guidance
document in the Tide Support Documents
A district can submit rescore
requests in TIDE if it believes a student’s score does not reflect expected student achievement. There is a $25 charge for processing rescore requests unless the rescore results in a score change.
A district can submit verification
requests if the following applies:
(1) The district believes the student tested and did not receive a score, or
(2) The district believes a score was incorrectly assigned to a student (this verification type only applies to students who took paper tests).
There is no charge for a verification request.
NEW! Pre-ID Window and On-time Order Window
Districts must ensure all participating students are preidentified in TIDE in advance of the test window and have the appropriate subject mode field set to “O” for online and “P” for paper. Refer to the Guidance Document for 2018-2019 Ohio Pre-ID Files
for more information.
Districts whose students are using paper tests and that wish to receive preprinted Pre-ID labels must submit their Pre-ID data in TIDE by Feb. 4
under the Ohio’s State Tests 2018-2019 Administration task.
Districts with students using paper for the grades 3-8 English language arts, mathematics or science tests may submit their on-time orders in TIDE Jan. 29-Feb.4
. All orders are subject to Department approval. District test coordinators will place orders under the “Paper Orders Grades 3-8 Spring 2019” administration task in TIDE. To access the Orders task district test coordinators must first confirm their contact information and shipping address under the Contact info task. District test coordinators who wish to change their shipping addresses must contact the Ohio Help Desk at 1-877-231-7809 to request a change.
NEW! Paper Materials Pick-Up Window
Districts will enter pick-up date(s) for their scorable materials under the Supplemental Services task in TIDE Jan. 29-Feb.4
for each of the spring 2019 administrations. The date must be no later than one business day after the conclusion of the district’s 15-day testing window for the English language arts tests and no more than one day after the district’s 15-day test window for mathematics and science tests.
NEW! Preparing for the Spring 2019 Administration
Districts should review and familiarize themselves with the following manuals and guidance documents that are on the portal resources page
to prepare for a successful administration:
- Administration Manuals & Guidance Documents – Test Administration Manual (includes policies and procedures, Test Coordinator Checklists, Online Testing Highlights and Scripts, and testing scenarios), Ohio’s Accessibility Manual and Planning Tools and the Supplemental Instructions for Paper Testing;
- Online Systems Resources – TIDE Support Documents, ORS Support Documents, User Guides and Tutorials;
- Technology Resources - Online Systems Requirements, Technical Specifications Manual and Secure Browser Installation Manual.
These and other resources are available on the Ohio's State Tests portal