2017-2018 Testing Dates
Each school district chooses a consecutive series of school days to administer state tests within specified windows, or periods of time.
Ohio’s State Tests in English language arts, mathematics, science and social studies
FALL TEST WINDOWS 2017
- Grade 3 English language arts – Five consecutive school days, including makeups, within the Oct. 23 to Nov. 3 window
- High school end-of-course tests – Ten consecutive school days, including makeups, within the Dec. 4 to Jan. 12 window
Districts and schools will receive fall 2017 test results by December 18 for grade 3 English language arts and by February 26 for high school end-of-course tests. Printed family reports are due in districts on January 22 for the grade 3 English language arts tests and on March 27 for high school end-of-course tests.
SPRING TEST WINDOWS 2018
School districts select 15 consecutive school days, including makeups, within each test window.
- English language arts - March 26 to April 27
- Mathematics, science and social studies - April 2 to May 11
SUMMER TEST WINDOWS 2018 (optional)
- Grade 3 English language arts – July 9-13
- High school end-of-course tests –July 16-27
REQUESTING EXCEPTIONS TO ONLINE TESTING – 2017-2018
Ohio’s State Tests are online exams for all students, with some exceptions. The expectation is that all districts and schools will schedule time and provide technology appropriately for their local situation. Districts or schools with situations involving the limitation of technology should contact the Ohio Department of Education at email@example.com to start the process of determining your eligibility for an exception to online testing. For more information click here.
Ohio Graduation Tests
All test windows are open to all students required to take the OGT.
- Fall 2017: Monday, Oct. 23 through Sunday, Nov. 5
- Spring 2018: Monday, March 12 through Sunday, March 25
- Summer 2018 (Optional): Monday, June 11 through Sunday, June 24
Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment
- Feb. 5-March 30
- (Data file ready for download on May 14; printed Family Reports TBD)
Alternate Assessment for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities
- Feb. 20-April 13
- (Score reports due in districts June 7)
Last Modified: 10/27/2017 10:34:37 AM