2019-2020 Testing Dates
Each school district chooses a consecutive series of school days to administer state tests within specified windows, or periods of time.
Ohio’s State Tests in English language arts, mathematics, science and social studies
FALL TEST WINDOWS 2019
- Grade 3 English language arts – Five consecutive school days, including makeups, within the Oct. 21 to Nov. 1 window
- High school end-of-course tests – Fifteen consecutive school days, including makeups, within the Dec. 2 to Jan. 10 window
SPRING TEST WINDOWS 2020
School districts select 15 consecutive school days, including makeups, within each test window.
- English language arts - March 23 to April 24, 2020
- Mathematics, science and social studies - March 30 to May 8, 2020
SUMMER TEST WINDOWS 2020 (OPTIONAL)
- Grade 3 English language arts – July 6 - 10, 2020
- High school end-of-course tests –July 13 - 24, 2020
REQUESTING EXCEPTIONS TO ONLINE TESTING – 2017-2020
Ohio’s State Tests are online exams for all students, with some exceptions. The expectation is that all districts and schools will schedule time and provide technology appropriately for their local situation. Districts or schools with situations involving the limitation of technology should contact the Ohio Department of Education at email@example.com to start the process of determining your eligibility for an exception to online testing. For more information click here.
Ohio Graduation Tests
- Beginning in 2018-19 the OGT has moved online allowing for a continuous state testing window (September through July). Testers have three opportunities per school year to take any part of the OGT still required.
- Testers requiring paper as an approved accommodation have three test opportunities during the September 3, 2019 – July 31, 2020 test window with staggered start times:
- Opportunity 1 earliest start - September 3, 2019
- Opportunity 2 earliest start - October 21, 2019
- Opportunity 3 earliest start - November 25, 2019
Please check with your local district or adult diploma program about opportunities to take the tests. Districts/schools may set their own test windows within the state framework. For details, please look at OGT FAQ.
Ohio English Language Proficiency Screener
- Aug. 5, 2019 - July 10, 2020
Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment
Alternate Assessment for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities
- Operational test - Feb. 18 - April 10, 2020
Note: All information subject to change.
Last Modified: 9/27/2019 9:07:20 AM