2020-2021 Testing Dates
Each school district chooses a consecutive series of school days to administer state tests within specified windows, or periods of time.
Ohio’s State Tests in English language arts, mathematics, science and social studies
FALL TEST WINDOWS 2020
- Please read this important information , which details fexibility in fall testing necessitated by the COVID pandemic.
- For schools and districts with remote and hybrid models of instruction, “consecutive” days of testing can apply to days students are physically present in the building.
- Grade 3 English language arts – The fall grade 3 test window originally scheduled for Oct. 19-30 has been extended for one additional week and will now occur Oct. 19 – Nov. 6.
- High school end-of-course tests – Fifteen consecutive school days, including makeups, within the Nov. 30, 2020 - Jan. 8, 2021 window
SPRING TEST WINDOWS 2021
School districts select 15 consecutive school days, including makeups, within each test window.
- English language arts - March 22, 2021 - April 23, 2021
- Mathematics, science and social studies - March 29, 2021 - May 7, 2021
SUMMER TEST WINDOWS 2021 (OPTIONAL)
- Grade 3 English language arts – July 5 - 9, 2021
- High school end-of-course tests – July 12 - 23, 2021
Ohio Graduation Tests
- Beginning in 2018-19 the OGT has moved online allowing for a continuous state testing window (September through July). Testers have three opportunities per school year to take any part of the OGT still required.
- Testers requiring paper as an approved accommodation have three test opportunities during the September 1, 2020 – July 30, 2021 test window with staggered start times:
- Opportunity 1 September 1, 2020 - July 30, 2021
- Opportunity 2 November 1, 2020 - July 30, 2021
- Opportunity 3 December 1, 2020 - July 30, 2021
Please check with your local district or adult diploma program about opportunities to take the tests. Districts/schools may set their own test windows within the state framework. For details, please look at OGT FAQ.
Ohio English Language Proficiency Screener
- Aug. 6, 2020 - June 30, 2021
Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment
Alternate Assessment for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities
- Operational test - Feb. 2 - March 19, 2021
Note: All information subject to change.
Last Modified: 10/9/2020 11:44:39 AM