Basic Training Workshops will be held monthly by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) to present information on the regulations and reporting procedures for School Lunch and Breakfast programs. Attendees will learn about the regulations governing the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Child Nutrition Programs and how to prepare the required program reports.
Anyone responsible for any aspect of the Child Nutrition Programs is welcome, including new food service directors, supervisors and managers, as well as business managers, treasurers, secretaries, teachers and principals. Schools and agencies new to the Child Nutrition Programs are required to attend a workshop before applying to participate in the programs.
Topics to be covered in the workshop include the following:
• Overview of the Child Nutrition Programs;
• Free and reduced price meal applications;
• Special dietary needs;
• Meal counting and claiming procedures;
• Meal pattern requirements;
• Production records/standardized recipes;
• Government donated foods;
• Coordinated Review Effort (CRE) evaluations;
• Claims Reimbursement and Reporting System (CRRS); and
• Frequently asked questions.
Workshop Schedule and Location
All 2013 workshops will be conducted from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the State Library of Ohio, Boardroom, 274 East First Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43201. For directions, click here.
The workshop dates are as follows:
- April 2, 2013
May 14, 2013
June 11, 2013
July 10, 2013
August 13, 2013
September 10, 2013
October 15, 2013
November 5, 2013
December 10, 2013
Registration for Workshops
To register for one of the workshops, click here for registration instructions.
For more information, contact:
Office for Child Nutrition
Telephone: (800) 808-6325