Adult Education Week June 12-16
The Ohio Department of Education and Ohio Department of Higher Education will host the second annual Adult Education Week June 12-16. This celebratory week:
- Increases awareness about Ohio’s Adult Diploma options;
- Recognizes outstanding adult educators, participants and graduates;
- Builds relationships between providers and community stakeholders; and
- Helps close the adult education gap for the 874,499 working-age adults who do not have a high school diploma or equivalency.
Five regional events will be hosted throughout the week. The events will open at noon with a networking session and provider spotlight. The program will begin at 1 p.m. and feature a keynote speaker, panel discussion and regional award presentation. The regional event dates and locations are as follows:
- June 12, Wood County Educational Service Center, Bowling Green;
- June 13, Butler Tech Liberty Campus, Liberty Township;
- June 14, Educational Service Center of Northeast Ohio, Independence;
- June 15, J.B. Martin Recreation and Senior Center, St. Clairsville;
- June 16, Educational Service Center of Central Ohio, Columbus.
In addition to the regional events, there will be a statewide hybrid graduation ceremony June 16 at 6 p.m. The event will feature a livestream keynote address to graduates. There currently are 11 schools that have committed to participating in this event.
Registration will open in March. Full event details are on the Adult Education Week webpage. Direct questions to Beth Kreger.
The Ohio Department of Education is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws. To request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Aleshia McNutt, ADA coordinator, at ADAaccommodation@education.ohio.gov or (614) 387-2200 (voice) no later than 14 days before each event.