Join the Cleveland Browns Play 60 Fitness Challenge
As educators and students maintain social distancing during the ongoing pandemic, some may be struggling to maintain regular physical activity. Schools can create excitement while encouraging students to get physically active for at least 60 minutes a day by signing up for the free Cleveland Browns Play 60 Fitness Challenge.
Students can participate in the four-week fitness challenge during in-person or online classes beginning Monday, Nov. 30, 2020. The top three classes will receive Play 60 fitness equipment, and the winning teacher will receive a custom Cleveland Browns jersey. Individual participation winners will be chosen each week from those who post on social media and tag @BrownsYouthFB, @FUTP60, @BrownsGiveBack and @UHhospitals.
There are several ways to share weekly results, including:
- A representative from the school or class can share results by posting a video or picture on Facebook or Twitter and adding the school name to the hashtag #BrownsPlay60(School Name).
- Include the number of students and total reps per class.
- Tag @BrownsYouthFB, @FUTP60, @BrownsGiveBack and @UHhospitals
Weekly fitness challenges include the following exercises:
- Week 1: Complete as many reps and rounds as possible in eight minutes — Air squats (10 reps), pushups (five-10 reps), reverse lunges (five per leg).
- Week 2: Take a 15 minute walk, jog or run outside.
- Week 3: Complete as many reps and rounds as possible in eight minutes — Sit-ups (10 reps), pushups (10 reps), plank (20 seconds), high knees (15 reps).
- Week 4: Complete as many reps and rounds as possible in eight minutes — Jumping jacks (10 reps), mountain climbers (10 reps), seal jacks (10 reps), squat jumps (10 reps).
Powered by Fuel Up to Play 60 and in association with University Hospitals, Play 60 is the league's youth health and wellness campaign that encourages kids to get physically active for at least 60 minutes a day. Its mission is to empower youth to be the most physically active and healthy.