Charter Schools Program (CSP) Grant
Charter Schools Program (CSP) Grant
FY2022-2023 will be the concluding year for the Implementation and Expansion Year I CSP subgrant competition and awards.
In 2015, Ohio received a grant from the U.S. Department of Education to significantly increase access to high-performing public charter education opportunities for Ohio’s most disadvantaged boys and girls.
The purposes of the grant were to support the opening and expansion of high-performing/high-quality site-based community schools, provide for more site-based community schools serving disadvantaged students where no effective options exist, and to increase accountability and autonomy for community school sponsors protecting student trust and public investment in Ohio’s community schools.
Types of CSP Grants
Implementation subgrants for community schools in their first and second years of operation and expansion subgrants for high-quality community schools who were seeking to expand. Up to $350,000 for first-year implementation or expansion grants and up to $250,000 for second-year implementation or expansion subgrants.
Grant Application and Submission Process
Applications had to be submitted through the Department’s online e-grant system, the Comprehensive Continuous Improvement Plan (CCIP). The following links will assist with navigation and completing the application process in the CCIP:
- To Access the CCIP, click here.
- For CCIP technical assistance videos, sign into your OH|ID account and click here.
- For guidance on CCIP navigation, sign into your OH|ID account and click here.
Grant Application Forms and Templates
Fillable forms and templates are part of the CSP subgrant application. Applicants were required to use these forms and templates.
Sponsor/Subgrantee Corrective Action Plans
Cleveland Municipal School District
Thomas B. Fordham
St. Aloysius Orphanage
ESC of Lake Erie West
North Central Ohio ESC
Citizens Academy Southeast
Continuation Subgrant for fy23-24
RFA Training Presentations
CSP Subgrant Award Recipients
The purpose of this committee shall be to advise and support the transparency of ODE as it implements the CSP Grant.
The Committee is composed of individuals from key stakeholder groups in Ohio representing nonprofits with relevant expertise in community school sponsor quality; state community school organizations; institutes of higher education with expertise in performance management; high-quality community school management organizations; organizations that represent the interests of families and children enrolled in community schools; and a national organization with expertise in community school oversight and quality. The committee consists of the following individuals representing the following key stakeholder groups:
- The Superintendent of Public Instruction or his designee
- Alyson Deangelo, Interim Sr. Executive Director, Ohio Department of Education
- Nonprofits with expertise in community school sponsor quality
- Chad Aldis, Vice President for Ohio Policy and Advocacy, Thomas B. Fordham Institute
- Ohio community school sponsor organizations
- Sophia Speelman, Community School Coordinator, ESC of Central Ohio
- Ohio's community school high-quality charter management organization.
- John Dues, Chief Learning Officer, United Schools Network
- Institutes of higher education with particular expertise in performance management.
- Stephane Lavertu, Associate Professor, Ohio State University, John Glenn College of Public Affairs
- Representatives from community educational development organizations.
- Meghann Marnecheck, Executive Director, Cleveland Transformation Alliance
- Interests of families with children in community schools
The Committee shall meet on at least semi-annual basis with the first meeting occurring thirty days prior to the department publishing its first request for application for the CSP Grant. Thereafter the Committee shall meet in June and December of each year. Future dates will be forthcoming:
- FY22 Reports
- FY21 Reports
- FY19 Reports
- FY18 Reports
- FY17 Reports
- FY16 Reports
Additional Documents and resources
Last Modified: 6/20/2023 7:39:59 AM