EMIS Newsflash – April 5, 2021
FY21 Five Year Forecast (P) – Required Spring Update, v1
FY21 Current Graduation Credit Progress (S) Collection, v3
FY21 Student Course Grade (L) Collection, v3
Please refer to the Release Notes
for details regarding these newly posted collection requests.
FY21 March Follow-up (D) Collection Closing Soon
The March Follow-up (D) Collection is scheduled to close on Friday, April 16, 2021. Districts should work with their ITCs to ensure that any reporting issues are resolved prior to the close of the collection.
FY22 EMIS Changes Posted for Public Comment
Ohio Revised Code Section 3301.0730 requires EMIS to create a process by which users of the system can review and provide public comment on new or updated EMIS Guidelines. EMIS changes that are subject to this process must be posted on the website for 30 days for public comment, 30 days for the Department's response to comments, and then another 30 days for public review before changes are considered “final”.
Changes that are open for public comment are included on the FY22 Changes webpage
and can be identified by a red short title. These changes also include the relevant comment and review dates and an attachment with the details of the change. To submit comments about a change, use the email link listed for that change. Each email link is unique to the particular change. Please do not include comments for multiple changes in a single email.
The first set of FY22 changes subject to this process have been posted. The public comment period for these changes opened on April 2 and closes at the end of the day on May 1. The change numbers and short titles for these changes are listed below. Please see the webpage at the above link for complete details.
- 22-3 FY22 CTE Course and Assessment Matrix Changes
- 22-4 Remove GY Reporting from 2021 March D Collection
- 22-9 Collect Graduation-Related Seals in the Beginning of Year Student (S) Collections
- 22-14 Update Definition for Disability Condition Element
- 22-24 Initial IEP Eye Examination Group
- 22-25 FY22 Industry-Recognized Credentials
- 22-27 FY22 Retention Collection
- 22-28 Data Science Foundations
- 22-31 Immigrant and English Learner EMIS Manual Changes
- 22-37 Add Existing Graduated Related Items to All Main Student Windows
- 22-38 Report Earned Credits in Initial Staff and Course Collection
- 22-43 Update Terminology for Early Childhood Education Qualification Element