EMIS Newsflash – June 2, 2021
FY22 EMIS Changes Subject to 90 Day Comment and Review Process
Ohio Revised Code Section 3301.0730 requires EMIS to create a process by which users of the system can review and provide public comment on new or updated EMIS Guidelines. EMIS changes that are subject to this process must be posted on the website for 30 days for public comment, 30 days for the Department's response to comments, and then another 30 days for public review before changes are considered “final”.
Now Open for Public Comment
Changes that are open for public comment are included on the FY22 Changes webpage
and can be identified by a red short title. These changes also include the relevant comment and review dates and an attachment with the details of the change. To submit comments about a change, use the email link listed for that change. Each email link is unique to the particular change. Please do not include comments for multiple changes in a single email.
The second set of FY22 changes subject to this process have been posted. The public comment period for these changes opened on June 1 and closes at the end of the day on June 30. The change numbers and short titles for these changes are listed below. Please see the webpage at the above link for complete details.
Now Available for Public Review
- 22-17 Make homeschool data required reporting
- 22-30 RIMP code deletions and additions
- 22-45 Updates to computer science subject codes
- 22-50 Update CTE student program codes
- 22-54 Delete OGT references in FN Record
The first set of FY22 changes subject to this process are now in the public review phase. This will last through the end of the day on June 30. These changes will then be final as of July 1. The change numbers and short titles for these changes are listed below. Please see the webpage at the above link for complete details.
- 22-3 FY22 CTE Course and Assessment Matrix Changes
- 22-4 Remove GY Reporting from 2021 March D Collection
- 22-9 Collect Graduation-Related Seals in the Beginning of Year Student (S) Collections
- 22-14 Update Definition for Disability Condition Element
- 22-24 Initial IEP Eye Examination Group
- 22-25 FY22 Industry-Recognized Credentials
- 22-27 FY22 Retention Collection
- 22-28 Data Science Foundations
- 22-31 Immigrant and English Learner EMIS Manual Changes
- 22-37 Add Existing Graduated Related Items to All Main Student Windows
- 22-38 Report Earned Credits in Initial Staff and Course Collection
- 22-43 Update Terminology for Early Childhood Education Qualification Element