Academic Distress Commission
Districts are subject to an academic distress commission after receiving an overall grade of F on the Ohio School Report Cards for three consecutive years. Find more information in Ohio Revised Code 3302.10.
PLEASE NOTE - The budget bill prohibits the Superintendent of Public Instruction from establishing any new academic distress commissions (ADCs) for the 2019-2020 school year.
Per Ohio Revised Code Section 3302.101: Academic Distress Commissions Review and Recommendations of the Superintendent of Public Instruction
Districts with Academic Distress Commissions as of October 2019
How member appointments are made
- Appointments made within 30 days after the district is notified of the creation of the Academic Distress Commission.
- A total of Five members are appointed
- Three members appointed by State Superintendent (One appointee must be a county resident)
- State Superintendent designates the Chairperson from one of the three members appointed.
- One member appointed by the president of the local school board (Teacher employed by the district)
- One member appointed by the mayor
- Members of the commission serve at the pleasure of their appointing authority
Past district review reports and additional information about district reviews can be found here
Last Modified: 2/10/2020 10:54:25 AM