Early Learning Family Resources
Early learning experiences last a lifetime. It is key that all families have access to early childhood education information about high quality early care, preschool, kindergarten and other educational settings to prepare young children for a lifetime of learning and success.
Strong and healthy children are better able to explore their physical world and better prepared for formal schooling. For children to grow and learn to their fullest potential, they must be healthy, happy, and engaged in creative play.
Sign up to receive email updates Family and Community Engagement newsletter.
Here are some resources to help support your child's growth:
- Head Start Parent, Family and Community Engagement - This site provides information about Head Start, Early Head Start, Family Health and Safety, Child Development, Readiness for School, Parent Your Child, and Supporting Family Well-Being.
- Ohio Imagination Library - Through a partnership with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library to put more books in the hands of Ohio’s children, The Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library is working to ensure that every student enters kindergarten ready to succeed.
- National Wildlife Federation - This site provides wildlife and conservation-related coloring pages, games, book reviews, science activities and recipes for children and their families. Parents can sign up to receive the free monthly Backyard Buddies e-newsletter.
- PBS Kids and PBS Parents - The Public Broadcasting system offers these two sites with information on child development and interactive learning games for children and families.
- Reading Rockets - Reading Rockets offers strategies and tools for parents, families and teachers to help children improve their reading skills.
- U.S. Department of Education Tips for Parents - This federal site provides a comprehensive resource for parents and families on how to help their children succeed in school.
- Remote Learning: A Parent’s Guide - This is a collection of videos.
Last Modified: 6/27/2023 8:29:03 AM