Heading to Kindergarten
Heading to Kindergarten supports successful transitions to kindergarten through relationships, information sharing, and alignment between early learning programs, public schools and community partners.
The following districts and their partners are currently participating in Heading to Kindergarten-Cohort 3. These teams are receiving resources and technical assistance to enhance collaboration and prepare children and families for kindergarten:
- Bedford Schools / Bedford Heights Daycare
- Deer Park Community City Schools / Amity Preschool / Hamilton County Education Service Center
- Lebanon Schools / Warren County Community Services
- Niles City Schools / Trumbull County Community Action
- Wellington Exempted Village Schools / Lorain County Community Action
High quality early childhood education can prepare children for kindergarten, but children’s continued success requires effective partnerships with the teachers and leaders in their next school environment. With assistance from the State Support Team Early Childhood Consultant in their region, teams participating in Heading to Kindergarten focus on building relationships, information sharing, and alignment. Heading to Kindergarten helps schools, families and communities work together to meet the needs of the whole child.
Tour of Celina Primary School - Welcome to Kindergarten, 2021 (Translated in Marshallese)
Objectives of the Heading to Kindergarten Project
1. Promote best practices to enhance collaboration between early care and education programs, community partners, and public schools.
2. Provide resources, professional development, and technical assistance to support effective collaborations and successful transitions to kindergarten in school districts across Ohio.
3. Coordinate an annual state-wide Heading to Kindergarten Transition event.
Questions about Heading to Kindergarten?
Contact: head start@education.Ohio.gov
Last Modified: 7/19/2023 3:36:45 PM