Heading to Kindergarten
Heading to Kindergarten supports successful transitions to kindergarten through relationships, information sharing, and alignment between early learning programs, public schools and community partners.
The Office of Early Learning and School Readiness is excited to announce Heading to Kindergarten-Cohort 3 for 2022-2023!
The following districts and their partners will receive resources and technical assistance to enhance collaboration in preparing children and families for kindergarten:
- Bedford Schools / Bedford Heights Daycare
- Deer Park Community City Schools / Amity Preschool / Hamilton County Education Service Center
- Lebanon Schools / Warren County Community Services
- Maple Heights City Schools / The Centers for Families and Children
- Niles City Schools / Trumbull County Community Action
- Wellington Exempted Village Schools / Lorain County Community Action
The teams listed below participated in Cohort 2
of Heading to Kindergarten
- Chardon Local Schools / Lake Geauga United Head Start
- Columbus City Schools / Child Development Council of Franklin County
- Georgetown Exempted Village Schools / Adams Brown Community Action Partnership
- Marion City Schools / Ohio Heartland Community Action Commission
- Paint Valley Local School District / Ross County Community Action Committee
- Portsmouth City School District / Community Action Organization of Scioto County
High quality early childhood education can prepare children for kindergarten, but children’s continued success requires effective partnerships with the teachers and leaders in their next school environment. With assistance from the State Support Team Early Childhood Consultant in their region, teams participating in Heading to Kindergarten
focus on building relationships, information sharing, and alignment. Heading to Kindergarten
helps schools, families and communities work together to meet the needs of the whole child.
Tour of Celina Primary School - Welcome to Kindergarten, 2021 (Translated in Marshallese)
Objectives of the Heading to Kindergarten Project
1. Promote best practices to enhance collaboration between early care and education programs, community partners, and public schools.
2. Provide resources, professional development, and technical assistance to support effective collaborations and successful transitions to kindergarten in school districts across Ohio.
3. Coordinate an annual state-wide Heading to Kindergarten Transition event.
Questions about Heading to Kindergarten?
Contact: head start@education.Ohio.gov
Last Modified: 12/7/2022 3:28:04 PM