Kindergarten Readiness Assessment for Teachers
KReady System Update 8/22/2022
The KReady system is currently experiencing technical issues. We are working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Please contact KRAHelp@education.ohio.gov for assistance if you experience technical difficulties completing the online modules for the teacher training.
At the beginning of each school year, children in public school kindergarten programs are assessed using Ohio’s Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Revised (KRA-R). The KRA-R is aligned to Ohio's Early Learning and Development Standards and is one measure of a child’s readiness for engaging with kindergarten standards based instruction. The results of the assessment provide a starting point for each child and are not to be used to prohibit any child from entering kindergarten. The KRA-R should not be administered to children retained in kindergarten.
Change for fall 2022: The administration window for the Kindergarten Reading Assessment Revised is not earlier than the first day of July of the school year and not later than the twentieth day of instruction of that school year.
The Ready for Kindergarten Online (KReady) system is now open and will remain open through November 1, 2022 to accommodate differences in district schedules. November 1st is the deadline for teachers to enter data in the Ready for Kindergarten Online (KReady) system. After the KReady system closes on November 1 at 11:59 p.m., data managers will have until November 9th at 11:59 p.m. to clean up transfer requests.
Only kindergarten teachers who have not yet been trained need to successfully complete the initial training on the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Revised (KRA-R). All new kindergarten teachers, or other educators who will be scoring the KRA-R, must successfully complete the training prior to assessing children. The training consists of completing self-paced online modules and attending a virtual group session. The training covers the administration, scoring, and available reports. Teachers must have an account in the Ready for Kindergarten Online (KReady) system to complete and participate in the training. Trainings will run mid-June through the end of September. Please see the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Revised (KRA-R) Virtual Training Dates
document for a list of training dates and times.
There is a new process to register for KRA-R training this year.
Teachers must complete self-paced online modules and a content assessment in KReady prior to
registering in STARS for a virtual session. Follow these steps:
- Data managers will create an account for teachers in KReady.
- Once teachers have an account, teachers will follow the steps outlined in the KRA-R Online Professional Development User Guide.
- Teachers will complete six modules in the KReady system and take a content assessment made up of multiple-choice questions. Participants must pass the assessment with a score of 80% or higher. If a participant does not pass the content assessment during the first attempt, they will have an opportunity to retake it at the end of the virtual session.
- After completing the KRA-R online modules and content assessment, teachers will register for a virtual session through the STARS training and registration application within the OH│ID portal. Search using the keyword KRA. All participants are placed on the wait list in STARS until verification that they have completed the prework in KReady.
- During the virtual session, participants must be on their own device and on camera.
- Teachers will have successfully completed the training once they have completed the six online modules, attended a virtual session, scored 80% or higher on both the content and simulator assessments, and received a certificate of completion.
KRA-R Refresher 2022
A KRA-R Refresher is available in the KReady system in the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment - PD Content (Ohio). The Refresher 2022 is for teachers who completed a KRA teacher training in a previous school year. It includes information about what is different for the KRA-R this year, a review of administration procedures, and a review of data reports that are available in the online system.
Sign up to receive timely KRA-R tips for teachers and updates during the administration window right in your email inbox! Our goal is to provide you with the tools and resources you need for a smooth and efficient administration and to help you effectively use your KRA data! Sign up today so you don’t miss an issue: http://bit.ly/KRAemail
Last Modified: 8/29/2022 4:56:45 PM