Kindergarten Readiness Assessment for Teachers
At the beginning of each school year, children in public school kindergarten programs are assessed using Ohio’s Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Revised (KRA-R). The KRA-R is aligned to Ohio's Early Learning and Development Standards and is one measure of a child’s readiness for engaging with kindergarten standards based instruction. The results of the assessment provide a starting point for each child and are not to be used to prohibit any child from entering kindergarten. The KRA-R should not be administered to children retained in kindergarten.
The administration window for the Kindergarten Reading Assessment Revised is not earlier than the first day of July of the school year and not later than the twentieth day of instruction of that school year.
The Ready for Kindergarten Online (KReady) system is now open and will remain open through November 1, 2023 to accommodate differences in district schedules. November 1st is the deadline for teachers to enter data in the Ready for Kindergarten Online (KReady) system.
Only kindergarten teachers who have not yet been trained need to complete the initial training on the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Revised (KRA-R). All new kindergarten teachers, or other educators who will be scoring the KRA-R, must successfully complete the training prior to assessing children. The training covers the administration, scoring and available reports. Teachers must have an account in the Ready for Kindergarten Online (KReady) system to complete the training. KRA-R trainings are available from June through the end of September.
Registering for KRA-R Training
The training consists of completing self-paced online modules and a scheduled three-hour online session. Teachers must complete
the self-paced online modules
and a content assessment in KReady at least two business days prior
to their scheduled online session. Follow these steps to register and complete the training:
Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Revised (KRA-R) Virtual Training Dates
- Log into the OH│ID portal to access the STARS training and registration application.
- Search for a training using the keyword KRA. Registration is currently open for June and July training dates only.
- Select a training date that allows you enough time to complete online modules before the scheduled online session.
- Log into the KReady system and follow the steps outlined in the KRA-R Online Professional Development User Guide to access the self-paced online modules.
- Complete the six modules in the KReady system and take a content assessment at least two business days prior to the scheduled session.
- Participate in the scheduled 3-hour online session.
Summer – Fall 2023
Training Policies and Additional Information
- Registration closes 5 business days prior to the event date.
- Registration will be cancelled in STARS if the online modules are not completed two business days prior to the scheduled session.
- If the session you want is full, register for the waitlist. We make every effort to accommodate the individuals on the waitlist. Do not register for more than one session.
- If you are waitlisted, go ahead and complete the online modules.
- Please make sure the email address tied to your OH|ID account is accurate so you receive communications about the training.
- Teachers may complete the online modules before or after registering for the scheduled three-hour online session.
- Data managers create individual accounts for teachers and administrators in KReady.
- If a teacher does not pass the content assessment as part of the on-demand modules, there is an opportunity to retake it at the end of the scheduled online session.
- During the scheduled online session, each participant must be on their own device and on camera. The last step of the scheduled session is to complete a reliability (simulator) assessment. Participants must stay on camera through the completion of the assessment.
- Successful completion of the training requires completing the six online modules, participating in a scheduled online session, and scoring 80% or higher on both the content and simulator assessments. Individuals who successfully complete the training will be able to access a certificate of completion in the KReady system.
A KRA-R Refresher is available in the KReady system in the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment - PD Content (Ohio). The Refresher is for teachers who completed a KRA teacher training in a previous school year. It includes information about what is different for the KRA-R this year, a review of administration procedures, and a review of data reports that are available in the online system.
Sign up to receive timely KRA-R tips for teachers and updates during the administration window right in your email inbox! Our goal is to provide you with the tools and resources you need for a smooth and efficient administration and to help you effectively use your KRA data! Sign up today so you don’t miss an issue: http://bit.ly/KRAemail
Last Modified: 5/25/2023 3:01:13 PM