SAVE THE DATE: Ohio Heading to Kindergarten Transition Summit
SAVE THE DATE
Heading to Kindergarten
Ohio Heading to Kindergarten
Live Virtual Event
June 3, 2021
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
is part of a unique national initiative focused on building partnerships between Head Start and public schools that support successful transitions to kindergarten. The goal is to develop guidance and resources based on best practices to enhance collaboration between early care and education programs, public schools, and community partners as a critical pathway to better child outcomes.
Heading to Kindergarten Summit Goals:
- Showcase examples of effective kindergarten readiness practices, including strategies to support smooth transitions to kindergarten.
- Provide tools, supports and information to strengthen kindergarten readiness practices and collaboration between early childhood programs and school districts.
The Summit will provide the opportunity for bringing communities and schools together who are at various stages in their transition to kindergarten work. We encourage participants to gather their community’s existing preschool to kindergarten transition team (or create a new one) to attend this event. If you have not yet established a team you are still encouraged to attend and learn more about successful transitions to kindergarten.
Community teams may include the following:
• A Head Start representative
• An elementary administrator
• A kindergarten teacher
• Community early care providers
• Parent/community representatives
This event is supported by the Ohio Head Start Collaboration Project. There is no fee to attend.
Registration is Coming Soon for this event.