The Ohio Department of Education awarded $89 million in Summer Learning and Afterschool Opportunities Grants to 161 community-based partners. The Department received more than 700 applications from across the state. Awardees will use these funds to create or expand out-of-school time services that address the academic needs and overall well-being of students most in need of services as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Use the map below to find a local grantee or view the full list.
Click the icon on the map below to view the map legend.
The Ohio Department of Education awarded competitive grants to support partnerships between schools and community-based organizations (CBOs) that seek to provide out-of-school time (OST) services designed to address students’ academic, social and emotional needs.
Totaling up to $89 million of the state’s federal relief funds, the grants must be used to establish or expand comprehensive afterschool programs and/or evidence-based summer learning and enrichment programs. Services must be provided:
- During periods of time when school is not in session;
- Be uniquely designed to meet the local needs of students; and
- Focus on providing direct services for students who experienced greater disruptions to learning and did not engage consistently in school during the pandemic.
Important Grant Dates
- January 10, 2022: Notice of Grant Opportunity announced
- January 21, 2022, 8 - 9:30 a.m.: Virtual Bidders Conference - to help applicants learn more about the opportunity and requirements of these federal funds. This is not required and will be recorded and posted on the Department webpage for this grant opportunity
- February 1, 2022: Intent to Apply is due and is required for each grant award type and application that will be submitted
- February 22, 2022: Grant submissions are due on or before 11:59 p.m.
- March 24, 2022: Grant award notification will occur after this date.
- April 28, 2022: Grant award letters sent.
- May 10, 2022: Mandatory new grantee orientation.
Last Modified: 4/19/2023 10:27:38 AM