Fiscal Year 2019 Community School State Foundation Simulation Calculator
School Finance Payment Report (SFPR) Calculator for Community School,
STEM, and E-School
The excel spreadsheet provides a community school, STEM and E-School simulation calculator for the FY2019 SFPR. The purpose of this calculator is to generate estimates of state foundation funding by allowing the user to enter the user’s own estimates of student enrollment including typical students, special education students, career tech students, limited English proficiency (LEP) students, economic disadvantaged students and academic performance data. The foundation aid is calculated using formula established in Am. Sub. H. B. 49, the FY18-19 budget bill.
Please note that any projections generated by the calculators and simulations are estimates only. All schools should exercise caution when using these tools to make personnel, budget, and planning decisions for the FY19 school year. Schools will be able to use the calculators to project estimated FY19 payments under various scenarios. The calculators and simulations are not guarantees of FY19 funding levels as actual enrollment data will be different.
The calculators and simulations will be based on the most up-to-date data used in July FY19 payments. It is important to note the July payments use FY18 data, and FY17 report card data. The default data in the calculators will also be based on FY18 data and FY17 report card data. Actual FY19 payments will be based on FY19 data and will change throughout FY19 as data is updated, corrected, etc.
There may be differences between the FY19 simulations and default FY19 calculator calculations. The differences are due to rounding errors produced by Excel and the simulation program. The simulations and calculators use the same formulas, factors, and assumptions. Again, these are estimates of FY19 payments using FY18 data and assumptions of how payments, deductions, and transfers may change. Actual FY19 payments will be different. Some of these variables can be adjusted in the calculator (see list below) but others cannot.
- To view the calculator for a single school, please save the calculator spreadsheet on your computer before changing FTE figures.
- Then, enter the IRN for the school in the highlighted IRN field (cell C7) on the worksheet “SFPR FY2019.”
- To change the factors used in the calculator, open the worksheets according to the chart below.
- The calculator contains additional detailed instructions. Please read the instructions sheet before changing any factors.
Calculator Factors Subject to Change
Excel Worksheet Tab
Factors that May Be Changed
- Schools and Statewide IRN (highlighted cell)
ADM Details FY19
- Total student FTE
- Special education student categories one to six
- LEP categories one to three
- Career Tech categories one to five
- K-3 FTE
- Economically Disadvantaged ADM
Academic Performance data
- Number of school graduates
- Number of third grade students scoring proficient
- Four-year adjusted graduation rate
- Third grade reading proficient rate
Click on the links below to download the calculator
Data Sources for Pre-Populated Variables
Please note that most default pre-populated data variables are based on FY18 data and FY17 report card.
The worksheet includes pre-populated variables that are changeable. The source for these variables are explained in detail below. You will need to enter your own estimates of the factors for the calculator to generate your estimate of state foundation aid. The actual FY2018 foundation payments for school districts will be based on actual data. It is anticipated that actual FY2019 data will first be used in payments around October 2018.
- Total student FTE is based on FY2018 data used in FY2019 July payment.
- Special education students in categories one through six are based on FY18 data used in the FY19 July payment.
- Career-tech students in categories one through five are based on FY18 data used in the FY19 July payment.
- Limited English proficiency (LEP) students in categories one through three are based on FY18 data used in the FY19 July payment.
- Economic disadvantaged students are based on FY18 data used in the FY19 July payment.
- Economically disadvantaged index and targeted assistance per-pupil amount are based on FY2019 July payment.
- Transportation funding is based on FY2019 July payment.
- Four year adjusted graduation rate and number of graduates are based on FY2017 Report Card data used in FY2018 June payment
Third Grade Reading Bonus
- Third grade reading proficiency rate and the number of students scoring proficient or higher on third grade reading test are based on FY2017 Report Card data used in FY2018 June payment.
- ESC deductions are based on FY2018 June payment.
Last Modified: 7/31/2018 3:08:56 PM