Compliance Monitoring Process
The Ohio Department of Education Office of Field Services and Transportation has a new compliance monitoring system for school district pupil transportation services. This system will allow for monitoring and enforcement of transportation responsibilities outlined in Ohio Revised Code 3327.01
, 3327. 016
, and division (B) of 3327.017
. This includes a formal complaint process that may be used by parents or community or nonpublic schools to report instances of non-compliance with transportation requirements.
To file a formal complaint with Ohio Department of Education Office of Field Services and Transportation regarding the required transportation services of a school district:
- Download and complete the Complaint Form (Non-Compliance Investigation Document). Be sure to check the applicable box to indicate which issue your child or schools is facing and include in the appropriate comment box the following information:
- The date that the alleged violation began
- The name of the community or nonpublic school and the name of school district responsible for providing the transportation.
- Include any additional information that pertains to the complaint in comment section next to the identified Ohio Revised Code.
- Email the complaint form to TransportationCompliance@education.ohio.gov
- The Office of Field Services and Transportation will confirm the receipt of the complaint within 3 days and begin to investigate based on the information provided.
- A determination of non-compliance will be made and all parties will receive a communication in writing of that decision.
Questions about the compliance monitoring system may be directed to the Office of Field Services and Transportation at TransportationCompliance@education.ohio.gov
Non-compliance Frequently Asked Questions
Last Modified: 11/18/2022 3:12:12 PM