Activities and Timelines for College and Career Planning
Below are links to activities you can do with your teen to help them find out their career interests, timelines for college planning and a checklist of important dates in the college application process.
- OhioMeansJobs K-12 contains links to career assessments, an interest profiler and several other tools to help your teen connect their interests with a career;
- KnowHow2Go provides a list of steps for exploring career interests and developing career plans. Click on the appropriate grade level on the left and then click on "Explore Your Interests"
The College Board provides detailed, month-by-month college planning checklists for parents of juniors and seniors.
Below is a list of tests, deadlines and events that may be important to you and your child while planning for college. To help you both feel more relaxed about the process, make a calendar together with the following dates:.
- SAT and/or ACT tests;
- Early decision college application due dates;
- College application due dates, which may be different for each school;
- Deadlines for any scholarships your child is applying for;
- Financial aid application deadlines;
- College decision deadlines;
- Visits to college campuses;
- Meetings with the school guidance counselor; and
- College fairs or other college-related events at your child's high school.
Last Modified: 7/11/2022 4:35:39 PM