Career Connections for World Languages
- ODE Career Connections Toolkit for World Languages:
- Career Connections: Classroom Ideas for World Languages
- Lesson: How do I market a product in another country?
- Lesson: How do I find a summer job abroad?
- Lesson: How will I furnish my home if working abroad?
- Lesson: How do I find service abroad opportunities?
- Unit Plan: World Languages as Career Skills
- PBS Career Videos for World Languages
- Videos of Ohio-based companies that highlight world language connections
- Activities to accompany the videos, for middle and high school
- Career Connections Resources for World Languages
|Career Connections began in 2012 as a joint initiative among the Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation, Ohio Board of Regents (now the Ohio Department of Higher Education), OhioMeansJobs and the Ohio Department of Education. The goal is to give K–12 students opportunities to become more aware of career opportunities; learn of their interests, talents and abilities; explore careers; and make academic and career plans for their future.
The Offices of Career-Technical Education and Learning and Instructional Strategies worked with regional work groups consisting of teachers, curriculum experts and school counselors to develop strategies that support integrating career-based learning experiences with academic content.
Last Modified: 6/21/2022 9:02:58 AM
Pursuant to ORC 3301.079 (B) (3) and 3313.60, it is the responsibility of Ohio's local boards of education to vet and approve curriculum and educational materials for use in the public schools within their district. The use of any materials posted or linked to on the Ohio Department of Education website, including materials within Ohio’s Learning Standards or Appendices or any state model curricula or other educational resource material, is entirely up to the discretion of each local board of education.