College Credit Plus for Nonpublic School Families
Important Upcoming Dates for the 2022-2023 school year
For program specific questions please contact Wendy.Casterline@education.ohio.gov.
- Before college term begins: Complete School Counseling Requirement – public and nonpublic students
- Feb. 1 - April 1 at 5:00 pm: Sign-up for a OH|ID Account – nonpublic and homeschool parents
- Feb. 1 - April 1 at 5:00 pm: Apply for funding – nonpublic and homeschool parents
- Before May 6: Funding award notifications sent – nonpublic and homeschool parents
Great news for nonpublic school families! Ohio’s College Credit Plus gives students in grades 7-12 the chance to earn high school and college credit simultaneously by taking courses at participating Ohio colleges or universities. Tuition is free if your student takes classes at a public college. There may be modest fees for private college credit.
All public colleges and certain private colleges in Ohio are participating.
Ohio has never offered your child a better start on a college education. A College Credit Plus student enjoys the opportunity to pursue more challenging classes and explore college interests sooner. Your child can earn anywhere from a few college credits to more than a year’s worth while still in high school. College Credit Plus can reduce your child’s time in college and greatly reduce your family’s higher education costs.
Steps for Nonpublic School Students to Apply for College Credit Plus
The deadline is April 1 for nonpublic school students to apply for College Credit Plus funds for next school year, so time is critical.
Step 1 - Learn More About College Credit Plus and Complete your School Counseling Requirement
Review frequently asked questions about College Credit Plus here.
- If you still have questions, contact the Ohio Department of Education toll-free at (877) 644-6338 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the School Counseling Requirement before the college term begins.
Parents, please note: "The subject matter of a course enrolled in under the college credit plus program may include mature subject matter or materials, including those of a graphic, explicit, violent, or sexual nature, that will not be modified based upon college credit plus enrollee participation regardless of where course instruction occurs."
- Contact your student's school counselor for this information.
Step 2 - Apply to the college
- Contact or check the websites of participating colleges in your area. All public and participating private colleges in the state are listed at www.ohiohighered.org/ccp.
- Apply to the college or colleges of your choice. Once admitted to a college under College Credit Plus, the college will send your student an admission letter. Upload a copy of the admission letter to your College Credit Plus Funding Application. If your student gets an admission letter from more than one college, you must upload each college's admission letter. (See Step 3.)
Step 3 - Submit your College Credit Plus Funding Application
STEP 4 - Receive your Award letter and register for college classes
- You will receive your funding award notification within your College Credit Plus Funding Application located in your OH|ID Account before May 6.
- Once you receive your award notification, you can have your child register for college courses.
Last Modified: 10/26/2021 8:43:16 AM