Non-Chartered, Non-Tax Supported Schools
Non-Chartered, Non-Tax Supported Schools (NCNT) are schools that, because of truly held religious beliefs, choose to not be chartered by the State Board of Education.
Each non-chartered, non-tax supported (NCNT) school must certify annually in a report to parents that the school meets the Ohio Operating Standards. A copy of that report must be filed with the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) between July 1 and September 30 of each year. Schools that meet the compulsory attendance obligation per ORC 3301 and OAC 3301-35-08 will be listed with the Ohio Department of Education as a Non-Chartered/Non-Tax (08) School.
A school that does not comply with these requirements will NOT be listed as a non-chartered, non-tax supported (08) (NCNT) school by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Each school will report student's participation and attendance to their local school district Treasurer, as a matter of convenience for the parent.
- Each non-chartered, non-tax supported school shall follow regular procedures for promotion from grade to grade of pupils who have met the school’s educational requirements.
- Each non-chartered, non-tax supported school shall comply with state and local health, fire, and safety laws.
- Students attending a non-chartered, non-tax supported school are NOT entitled to pupil transportation as provided pursuant to section 3327.01 of the Revised Code, and pupils attending a non-chartered, non-tax supported school are NOT entitled to auxiliary services as provided pursuant to section 3317.06 of the Revised Code.
- A non-chartered, non-tax supported school is NOT entitled to nonpublic administrative cost reimbursement provided pursuant to section 3317.063 of the Revised Code.
2021-2022 Notification for NCNT Schools
The Office of Nonpublic Educational Options is now able to accept your school's 2021-2022 notification directly through the Ohio Department of Education website from July 1- September 30, 2021.
For the quickest processing time, click here
to enter your school's information. You will receive a notification on your screen after submitting your form .
An acknowledgement letter will be sent to your school at the email address provided.
A printable PDF of the notification form is also available:
NCNT Notification Form 2021-2022
If you need to scan and submit the completed form please send it to: NCNT08Rules@education.ohio.gov
Hard copies may be mailed to:
Non-Public Educational Options
Non-Chartered Non-Tax Schools
25 S. Front Street, Mail Stop 309
Columbus, Ohio 43215
If your school Building is not listed for the 2020-2021 school year please email The office of Nonpublic Educational Options at:
2019-2020 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTING
2018-2019 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
2020-2021 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
2017-2018 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
2016-2017 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
2015-2016 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
How can I find an individual school building?
A directory of both public and nonpublic (private) schools that are chartered is available. Please narrow your search as much as possible for best results. If the school you are searching for has no results, this means that the school is not chartered by the Ohio Department of Education nor the State Board of Education.
Ohio Administrative Code 3301-35-08
How can my School Receive a State Charter?
Find out the process to apply for a state charter
Forms and Program Information
NCNT Notification Form 2021-2022
Find documents needed for nonpublic schools.
Historical Non-Chartered, Non-Tax Supported School Listings are available by written request in an e-mail to: NCNT08Rules@education.ohio.gov
or call Toll Free 877-644-6338.
Last Modified: 7/2/2021 4:56:09 PM