Non-Chartered, Non-Tax Supported Schools
Non-Chartered, Non-Tax Supported Schools (NCNT) are schools that, because of truly held religious beliefs, choose to not be chartered by the State Board of Education.
Each non-chartered, non-tax supported (NCNT) school must certify annually in a report to parents that the school meets the Ohio Operating Standards. A copy of that report must be filed with the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) between July 1 and September 30 of each year. Schools that meet the compulsory attendance obligation per ORC 3301 and OAC 3301-35-08 will be listed with the Ohio Department of Education as a Non-Chartered/Non-Tax (08) School.
A school that does not comply with these requirements will NOT be listed as a non-chartered, non-tax supported (08) (NCNT) school by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Each school will report student's participation and attendance to their local school district Treasurer, as a matter of convenience for the parent.
- Each non-chartered, non-tax supported school shall follow regular procedures for promotion from grade to grade of pupils who have met the school’s educational requirements.
- Each non-chartered, non-tax supported school shall comply with state and local health, fire, and safety laws.
- Students attending a non-chartered, non-tax supported school are NOT entitled to pupil transportation as provided pursuant to section 3327.01 of the Revised Code, and pupils attending a non-chartered, non-tax supported school are NOT entitled to auxiliary services as provided pursuant to section 3317.06 of the Revised Code.
- A non-chartered, non-tax supported school is NOT entitled to nonpublic administrative cost reimbursement provided pursuant to section 3317.063 of the Revised Code.
2022-2023 Notification for NCNT Schools
If your school Building is not listed for the 2022-2023 school year please email The office of Nonpublic Educational Options at: NCNT08Rules@education.ohio.gov.
2021-2022 Notification for NCNT Schools
If your school Building is not listed for the 2021-2022 school year please email The office of Nonpublic Educational Options at: NCNT08Rules@education.ohio.gov.
investigation report and recommendations regarding Bishop Sycamore High School
Read the full report here.
2022-2023 NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
2021-2022- NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
2020-2021 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
2019-2020 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTING
2018-2019 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
2017-2018 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
2016-2017 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
2015-2016 - NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
1984-2014-NCNT SCHOOL LISTINGS
How can I find an individual school building?
A directory of both public and nonpublic (private) schools that are chartered is available. Please narrow your search as much as possible for best results. If the school you are searching for has no results, this means that the school is not chartered by the Ohio Department of Education nor the State Board of Education.
Ohio Administrative Code 3301-35-08
How can my School Receive a State Charter?
Find out the process to apply for a state charter.
Forms and Program Information
Find documents needed for nonpublic schools.
2022-2023 NCNT Notification Form (online)
2022-2023 School Year NCNT Notification (printable)
Historical Non-Chartered, Non-Tax Supported School Listings are available by written request in an e-mail to: NCNT08Rules@education.ohio.gov
or call Toll Free 877-644-6338.
Last Modified: 1/27/2023 3:51:03 PM