Educator Licenses

The following Ohio Department of Education webpages provide more information about how you can obtain a teaching license in this state. For veterans who have not participated in an educator preparation program at an institute of higher education, the Alternative Resident Educator License is often the quickest path to professional licensure.

Educator Jobs

Joining the Troops to Teachers Program grants you access to personalized counseling with an Ohio Department of Education specialist on your path towards obtaining a professional teaching license and teaching position in Ohio.

In addition to this counseling, the following resources are available for those seeking employment as an educator in our state.

Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) Instructor

Although each branch of service, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and the Coast Guard have their own Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) curricula, they all have commonalities. All JROTC programs are four-year high school programs designed to teach students the value of citizenship, leadership, service to community, personal responsibility and a sense of accomplishment, while instilling in them self-esteem, teamwork, and self-discipline.


The JROTC programs also provide extracurricular activities and many provide opportunities for regional and national competitions.

The JROTC classes are taught by instructors, a commissioned officer and a non-commissioned officer, certified by the respective service sponsoring the JROTC program. 

Use the links provided to obtain specific information on the JROTC program(s) you are interested in.


Army JROTC (AJROTC), US Army Cadet Command Air Force JROTC (AFJROTC), Air University Navy JROTC (NJROTC), Navy Service Training Command Marine Corps JROTC (MCJROTC), Training and Education Command

Last Modified: 5/13/2021 6:09:18 AM