EdChoice Scholarship: How do I Apply/Renew?
The traditional EdChoice and EdChoice Expansion Scholarship application windows are open for the
2022-2023 and 2023-2024 school years.
If your child meets the eligibility requirements for the scholarship and you have chosen a provider school, please follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Apply for Scholarship
- Once your child has been accepted by the private school, the private school will have you complete a Scholarship Request Form, along with your proof of current address and your child's birth certificate, to the private school.
- The private school will submit an EdChoice application for your child through the online secure application system, ONLY available to the private school.
- Check the Federal Poverty Guidelines to determine if you meet the income requirements for your household size and you want your income verified to determine if you qualify for low income status. [Note: Families applying for an expansion scholarship MUST have their income verified; it is NOT optional.]
How to Renew
Students who are currently receiving an EdChoice scholarship can renew the scholarship for the following school year as long as they meet the following requirements:
- They take all required assessments for their grade level;
- They do not have more than 20 unexcused absences for the school year; and
- They do not move out of the school district in which they became eligible.
Note: If students move to a new school district (e.g., moved from Columbus City SD to Toledo City SD, etc.), they would have to be assigned to an eligible school in the new district to be able to renew their scholarship.
Parents of renewal students who meet these requirements must complete the EdChoice Scholarship Renewal Form and be attending for the following school year.
- If your child will attend a different private school next year, complete the admissions process at the NEW private school. Once the child is accepted, provide the new school with the Scholarship Renewal Form and proof of current address.
- The private school will submit a renewal for your child through the online EdChoice Scholarship application system.
- Check the Federal Poverty Guidelines chart. If you meet the income requirements for your household size and you want to have your income verified to determine if you qualify for low income status, obtain a copy of the Income Verification Form. Complete the Income Verification Form and mail it with supporting income documents according to the instructions on the form.
- The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) will mail notifications regarding all scholarship decisions.
Previous Step: What School Can I Choose?
Documents and Web Page Links
2023-2024 School Year Information
2022-2023 School Year Information
Last Modified: 2/23/2023 9:13:00 AM