Ohio's Whole Child Network
Learn. Share. Support.
The Ohio Department of Education has created a diverse network of educators, school personnel, child- and family-serving organizations and families who support children from early childhood to grade 12 and represent Ohio’s diverse communities. Ohio’s Whole Child Network is a virtual platform where districts, schools, community partners and families can learn from each other, share successes and best practices, and support each other in ensuring each child is healthy, safe, engaged, supported and challenged. Together, the network will inspire Ohio schools and communities to create supportive and caring environments for children to learn, thrive and achieve their greatest potential.
Whole Child Network members:
- Participate in webinars to learn how to implement Ohio’s Whole Child Framework from colleagues who are leading this critical work in Ohio;
- Receive a quarterly newsletter highlighting whole child policy, funding, programming, state and national best practices and resources;
- Gain the opportunity to participate in a community of practice with peers and work together to address a problem of practice.
Districts, schools and child- and family-serving agencies and organizations are learning from colleagues across the state and nationally how to create and integrate whole child policies and practices within existing school improvement systems and enhance community partnerships to increase whole child supports and resources. Share your expertise and stories, learn with colleagues across the state and help Ohio schools support the whole child.
WHO IS participating in the Network?
The Department would like diverse representation including the following professionals:
- District and school administrators;
- Early childhood through grade 12 teachers and paraprofessionals;
- School student support staff, such as counselors, social workers, psychologists and related services, food service, and transportation and safety personnel;
- Representatives from state and local agencies and organizations serving educators, children and families;
- Families and caregivers of early childhood through grade 12 children;
- Participants from urban, suburban and rural schools and communities;
- Participants from culturally and economically diverse schools and communities.
Last Modified: 10/21/2022 12:56:03 PM