Initial Training of Candidates Seeking Credentialed Evaluator Status
Educators who need to gain credentials to perform teacher, school counselor and/or principal evaluations may choose from a schedule of state-sponsored training sessions offered around the state. To become a credentialed evaluator, candidates must complete appropriate training and an online assessment. Evaluators must be credentialed under the system the district is implementing. Select a training session and register in the Training and Registration application (STARS) through your OH|ID account, searching with the appropriate keyword as noted below:
OTES 1.0 and OTES 2.0
- All evaluators in Ohio, regardless of the evaluation system they use, are identified at the local level and will have to complete the one-day OSCES training conducted by state trainers. Educational service centers offer this training.
- Register through the Training and Registration application (STARS) in the OH|ID platform or by contacting your local educational service center.
- Evaluators of school counselors MUST enter the date of training and upload a copy of the certificate into eTPES or OhioES so that the superintendent or superintendent designee can approve them as an evaluator of school counselors.
OPES 1.0 and OPES 2.0
Re-credentialing for Existing Teacher and Principal Evaluators
Credentialed evaluators are able to renew their designations by successfully completing an assessment developed by Insight Advance. Successful re-credentialing is required every two years to maintain credentialed evaluator status.
- Evaluators must be credentialed in the system (1.0 or 2.0) the district is implementing.
- Those who are registered as evaluators in either eTPES or OhioES will not be able to enter data in the system past their credential expiration dates unless they have successfully completed the re-credentialing assessment.
*receiving email from insight advance
- Set up Insight Advance account when the welcome email arrives. The link expires after 7 days.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to address book or trusted senders list. Search inbox for this email address if the email does not arrive immediately.
- If you don't receive an email in at least two weeks, please check the spam folder and mark as "not spam."
- Star or mark the email as important when received.
- Consider reaching out to district IT email administrator to see if they can allow domain: insightadvance.com and IP 18.104.22.168.
- For support contact email@example.com or 866.925.7622 M-F 8am-8pm Eastern Standard time.
Credentials will be valid for two years from the date of successful passage of the assessments.
For more information
Last Modified: 7/13/2021 10:08:35 AM