Initial Training of Candidates Seeking Credentialed Evaluator Status
Educators who need to gain credentials to perform teacher, school counselor and/or principal evaluations may choose from a schedule of state-sponsored training sessions offered around the state. To become a credentialed evaluator, candidates must complete appropriate training and an online assessment.
- All districts will be implementing OTES 2.0, OPES 2.0 and OSCES in the Ohio Evaluation System (OhioES) in 2022-2023.
- Teacher evaluators will need a valid OTES 2.0 credential and principal evaluators will need a valid OPES 2.0 credential to conduct evaluations in OhioES.
- Select a training session and register in the Training and Registration application (STARS) through your OH|ID account, searching with the appropriate keyword as noted below:
OTES 2.0 bridge training
- OTES 2.0 Bridge training is designed for participants who have been previously credentialed in OTES 1.0.
- Bridge training for OTES 2.0 will only be offered through the end of December 2022.
- This training is not for a new administrator.
- All school counselor evaluators in Ohio are identified at the local level and will have to complete the one-day OSCES training conducted by state trainers. Educational service centers offer this training.
- Register through the Training and Registration application (STARS) in the OH|ID platform or by contacting your local educational service center.
- Evaluators of school counselors MUST enter the date of training and upload a copy of the certificate into OhioES so that the superintendent or superintendent designee can approve them as an evaluator of school counselors.
opes 2.0 bRIDGE tRAINING
- The Bridge training will address the shifts from OPES 1.0 to OPES 2.0.
- The intended audience is Superintendents, Central Office staff, Principals, and others who currently hold the OPES 1.0 credential to evaluate principals.
- Upon completion of the one-day training, participants must complete the online OPES 2.0 assessment to be a credentialed evaluator of principals.
- Bridge training for OPES 2.0 will only be offered through the end of December 2022.
Re-credentialing for Existing Teacher Evaluators
Credentialed evaluators are able to renew their OTES 2.0 designations by successfully completing an assessment developed by Insight Advance. Successful re-credentialing is required every two years to maintain credentialed evaluator status.
- Those who are registered as teacher evaluators in OhioES will not be able to enter data in the system past their credential expiration dates unless they have successfully completed the re-credentialing assessment.
- OTES 2.0 evaluators will receive a reminder email to recredential 60 days prior to the expiration date of the OTES 2.0 credential. OTES 2.0 evaluators can then log in to Insight Advance and select the OTES 2.0 recredentialing assessment.
*receiving email from insight advance
- Set up Insight Advance account when the welcome email arrives. The link expires after 7 days.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to address book or trusted senders list. Search inbox for this email address if the email does not arrive immediately.
- If you don't receive an email in at least two weeks, please check the spam folder and mark as "not spam."
- Star or mark the email as important when received.
- Consider reaching out to district IT email administrator to see if they can allow domain: insightadvance.com and IP 22.214.171.124.
- For support contact email@example.com or 866.925.7622 M-F 8am-8pm Eastern Standard time.
Credentials will be valid for two years from the date of successful passage of the assessments.
For more information
Last Modified: 8/2/2022 11:11:38 AM