Recognizing and honoring the accomplishments of Ohio educators.
From formally recognized educators to those quietly doing the extraordinary each day in Ohio Schools, we commend you!
Resources to Celebrate Educators
- Educator Recognition - Educators shape the future through their commitment to our children and the profession. Recognizing the exemplary service of those who go above and beyond encourages talented individuals to enter and remain in the profession. Explore opportunities that celebrate exceptional educators and engage them as ambassadors for the profession.
- Ohio Teacher of the Year Program - Since its inception in 1964, the Ohio Teacher of the Year program annually identifies exceptional teachers statewide celebrating their effective work in and outside the classroom. The mission of the program is to provide opportunities for professional learning to exemplary teachers as leaders and advocates for public education.
- Recognizing Inspirational School Employees (RISE) Award - The Recognizing Inspirational School Employees award honors classified school employees who provide exemplary service to their school communities.
- Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST) - The Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching are the nation's highest honors for mathematics and science teachers. The program recognizes teachers for their contributions to instruction and learning, as well as their ability to help students make progress in mathematics and science. Awardees serve as models for their colleagues, inspiration to their communities, and leaders in the improvement of mathematics and science education.
- Teachers of Ohio Representing Character and Heart (TORCH) - The Teachers of Ohio Representing Character and Heart (TORCH) recognition honors five extraordinary teachers annually by celebrating their efforts to model strong character and a heart for their students, colleagues and communities. TORCH recipients should demonstrate dedication to equity and personal commitments to their students.
- Milken National Educator Awards - The Milken Family Foundation National Educator Awards Program honors outstanding teachers and administrators in 48 states and the District of Columbia. Awards are presented to elementary (grades K-5) and secondary (grades 6-12) school educators in alternate years. Each Milken Educator receives an unrestricted award of $25,000.
Last Modified: 12/18/2023 7:07:59 AM