Acquiring, developing and retaining exemplary talent for Ohio schools.
Students and school communities deserve the best candidates to fill positions and advance the great work going on in Ohio's schools.
Resources to Recruit Educators
- Ohio Education Job Board - The Management Council of the Ohio Education Computer Network and Ohio’s Information Technology Centers launched this site for K-12 jobs in Ohio. It incorporates an intuitive job listing page that includes search function filters and an interactive map.
- Ohio Human Capital Resource Center (Ohio HCRC): Recruit & Hire - A great hire is one of the best investments an organization can make, but poor hires can detract from student learning. To ensure that each child in Ohio has an excellent educator, districts and schools need to refine their recruitment and hiring practices to address current and future staffing needs.
- Ohio HCRC: Grow Your Own - Grow Your Own is a strategy that enables schools and districts to proactively manage their applicant pool and improve retention rates by cultivating talent within their communities. Through these programs, schools and districts build relationships with prospective candidates as they help prepare individuals for a future career in education. Explore these resources to learn more about starting a locally developed Grow Your Own program.
- Ohio HCRC: Exploring Careers in Education - Having competent, caring educators is the greatest contributor to a child's success in school. All school employees have the opportunity to make a difference and empower Ohio's future generations. From high school students to current educators to career changers, Ohio offers many pathways to the professions that serve students of all ages.
- Educators Rising Ohio - Educators Rising Ohio helps middle and high school students explore teaching as a career option, provides them with a realistic understanding of teaching, and encourages students from diverse backgrounds to think seriously about the teaching profession.
- Ohio Troops to Teachers Program- Troops to Teachers is a national program, funded and administered by the Department of Defense. The program helps eligible military personnel begin new careers as teachers in preK-12 public schools. The goal of the Ohio office is to identify these service men and women and help facilitate the process of obtaining their teaching certificate and finding employment as an Ohio teacher.
- Ohio Education Job Board - The Management Council of the Ohio Education Computer Network and Ohio’s Information Technology Centers recently launched the Ohio Education Job Board for K-12 jobs in Ohio. This job board incorporates an intuitive job listing page that includes search function filters and an interactive map.
Last Modified: 4/19/2022 9:55:10 AM