Department of Education Profile - Alternative Forms of Identification
If you do not have an Ohio driver’s license, you may use an alternative “valid accepted document” in the Department of Education Profile creation process.
If you do not have a valid Ohio identity card or Ohio driver’s license, you will learn about other forms of identification you can use while setting up your Department of Education Profile here. The following are listed as “valid accepted documents” within the Department of Education set-up Identity Verification section. You may use a scanned copy of one of these forms of identification during the account set-up:
- Driver’s license or ID card issued by any U.S. state or U.S. territory, provided it contains your photograph, name, date of birth, gender and address;
- U.S. passport or U.S. passport card;
- U.S. military ID, or a military dependent’s ID;
- Foreign passport that contains your photo, name, date of birth, gender and ID number;
- Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on an immigrant visa;
- Permanent resident card or alien registration receipt card (Form I-551).
Uploading an alternative form of ID:
- In the Identity Verification Information section, enter your primary email address;
- Leave the Ohio driver’s license or state of Ohio ID number space blank since you do not have one of these forms of ID.
- Scan one of the Valid Accepted Documents above and save it to your computer. (Acceptable file types will have these letters after the file name: doc, docx, gif, jpg, jpeg, mht, pdf, png, tif or tiff.)
- Select the Upload Verification Document button.
- Select Browse to locate your saved document.
- Select the correct document and click on Upload.
- Once the document has been successfully uploaded, the green bar message will appear with the message “Document has been uploaded successfully.” At this point, you can select Close.
For more information:
Last Modified: 5/13/2019 7:16:37 AM