Temporary Military Science License
The Ohio State Board of Education issues temporary military science teaching licenses under Ohio law1 to applicants who meet qualifications and have been hired to teach in junior reserve officer training corps (JROTC) programs. The one-year license is issued at the request of the employing Ohio school or district.
Steps for First-time or Renewal of a Temporary Teaching License
Contact a school or district.
Educators should not apply for this license (new or renewal) through the CORE online licensure application system
until they have completed the following; otherwise, the application may be declined. Educators must:
Complete background checks.
- Complete the employment process at the Ohio school or district where they are interested in teaching.
- Request the employer’s IRN to use in the online application; the organization’s e-signer must approve the license application.
All applicants must have current background checks
on file with the State Board of Education.
- Access your OH|ID account.
- Click Educator Licensure and Records (CORE).
- Complete the online Temporary Military Science License application from your CORE Dashboard. Select Teachers and then Temporary Military Science License – 1 Year.
- See the FAQs About the Online CORE License System for additional information.
Last Modified: 11/27/2023 8:19:12 AM