2-Year Provisional STEM License
The Ohio Department of Education issues two-year provisional science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) licenses under Ohio law1 to applicants who meet qualifications and have been hired by a designated Ohio STEM school. Two-year provisional STEM licenses are issued for Computer Information Science, Integrated Mathematics, Integrated Science and Technology Education.
The Department will issue the initial two-year provisional STEM license, at the request of an employing designated Ohio STEM school, with evidence of the following:
The employing Ohio STEM school must electronically approve the licensure application. Applicants must indicate in the application which Ohio school the application is to go to for electronic approval.
DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT WITH THE INITIAL TWO-YEAR PROVISIONAL STEM LICENSE APPLICATION
Applicants must submit the following with their online application for the initial two-year provisional STEM license:
Educators may renew their two-year provisional STEM license one time to complete requirements to advance their license. No documents are required with the online application. However, the employing Ohio STEM school must electronically approve renewal applications. Applicants must indicate in the application which Ohio school the application is to go to for electronic approval.
Requirements to Advance
Educators may advance their two-year provisional STEM license to the professional educator license upon completion of all requirements, including:
- Two years of teaching under the provisional STEM license in a designated Ohio STEM school; and
- A structured apprenticeship program through an educational service center (ESC) or Chancellor approved teacher preparation program in partnership with the employing Ohio STEM school.
- Educators must submit their completed Advance form with their online application for the professional educator license if they complete a structured apprenticeship program through an ESC.
- Access your OH|ID account.
- Click Educator Licensure and Records (CORE).
- Complete the online application from your CORE Dashboard.
- See the CORE User Manual for complete instructions.
Last Modified: 10/19/2021 11:56:32 AM