Nominate an Outstanding Ohio Teacher
The 2023 Ohio Teacher of the Year nominations are open February 1 through April 30, 2022.
More than an award, the Ohio Teacher of the Year program elevates the teaching profession by identifying exceptional teachers, celebrating their effective, inspiring work both inside and outside of the classroom and providing opportunities for professional growth, leadership and advocacy.
A candidate for the Ohio Teacher of the Year (OTOY) is eligible to apply if they hold a valid Ohio Professional Teaching License or a Career Technical Teaching License; have taught a minimum of nine years, currently working in their tenth year of teaching; working a minimum of 120 days in the current school year; employed full-time in a state-approved public school, community school or career-technical center. Candidates also must work directly with students at least 50 percent of the time, have received no previous Ohio Teacher of the Year recognition and plan to continue in active teaching status.
Anyone may nominate a teacher. School administrators, colleagues, community members, parents or students may submit a nomination for one or multiple teachers from a district or school building. (Self-nominations are not accepted)
How to Submit an Online Nomination
Collect all of the required information below before attempting to submit your nomination. This online form does not have the ability for the user to save information and come back to it later.
Required Nomination Information:
- Teacher nominee name, email, grade level (subject / content area is optional)
- Building principal name and email
- School building name and phone number where the teacher nominee is assigned
- District superintendent name (email optional)
- School district mailing address
- Ohio county where the school district is located
- State Board of Education District Number (State Board of Education District Lookup Tool)
- Your contact information
- A 300 word maximum nomination narrative describing why this teacher is being nominated. This will be shared with the nominee
For more information about the Ohio Teacher of the Year program, click here.
For answers to questions, email Angela Dicke, State Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified: 3/23/2022 12:20:46 PM