Help Us Celebrate Ohio’s Extraordinary Educators
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 4-8
This year’s Teacher Appreciation Week finds our state's educators navigating a new set of challenges and showcasing their ever-present instructional resilience, ingenuity and creativity.
While this school year was shaped by unprecedented challenges, it will be defined by memories of individuals who ensured that students and families remained supported and teaching and learning continued.
Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week and share your gratitude and appreciation for Ohio's extraordinary educators!
Here are some more idea starters for your Teacher Appreciation Week celebrations at home:
Get ready to like, retweet and share
Share your thanks and your teacher stories! Be sure to tag @OHEducation and include #OhioLovesTeachers in your Twitter and Instagram posts.
- Architects of “aha” moments: Recall a time when everything clicked during your learning journey. Who was the educator that made sure it happened? Give a social media shout-out and talk about this wonderful teaching and learning moment!
- Celebration selfies: Signs of support and kindness. Signs of hope and inspiration. Signs that show #OhioLovesTeachers and that we’re all #InThisTogetherOhio. Take a picture holding the teacher shout-out banner (or your own sign of gratitude!).
- Digital kindness connections: Record a video message of gratitude and share it on Twitter and Instagram. Don’t forget to tag @OHEducation and use #OhioLovesTeachers.
- Cultivators of care: Ohio’s educators reach far beyond the content to help students. Recall a time when a teacher made a significant difference in your life beyond the classroom.
- Lighting the lamp for Ohio’s lifelong learners: No matter where your learning journey has positioned you, an educator likely pointed you in the right direction. Recall an individual who helped you get where you wanted to be.
Please use social media appropriately and never post students’ names or photos of students without parental consent.
Last Modified: 5/6/2020 10:18:02 AM