Requirements for Finishing the local Resident Educator Program
There are two requirements ALL resident educators (REs) must fulfill in order to complete residency and become eligible to advance to the five-year professional license. The RE must:
- Successfully complete two program years; and
- Successfully complete the Resident Educator Summative Assessment.
Additional requirements for REs who hold the alternative resident educator license:
- Successfully complete four years of teaching experience under the alternative resident educator license;
- Successfully complete the required Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAEs); and
- Successfully complete any other requirements listed on their license or on their Alternative Resident Educator Evaluation such as additional professional education coursework.
How to apply to advance to the 5-Year Professional License
Once resident educators meet all the requirements above, they are eligible to apply to advance their license to the 5-Year Professional License. The following licensure website provides instructions on how to apply to advance the license.
Last Modified: 3/14/2023 3:57:05 PM