CORE Reporting Requirements
Resident-Educator-Program-Coordinator-User-Manual.pdfProgram coordinators are required to use the Connected Ohio Records for Educators (CORE) system to register their resident educators (REs) and to report their participation in and completion of each program year. Program coordinators must have the "Coordinator-Resident Educator Program" role in the Ohio Educational Directory System (OEDS) to access the CORE registration system. Program coordinators must register each RE and enter end-of-year completion criteria in CORE each year they participate in the program.
Each RE must meet all eligibility requirements to be registered in the program. Click here to review the eligibility requirements to participate in the program. REs must also have current contact information in their CORE Profile.
Resident Educator Registration (Opens August 1 and Closes November 15)
Program coordinators can typically begin to register REs in CORE on August 1 of each school year.
Before registering Resident Educators (REs) for the current year, program coordinators collect and verify the following information:
- RE State ID and full name
- RE’s license and teaching assignment
- If a RE's teaching license is not valid in the employing organization, the RE must apply to correct their license before the coordinator registers them for the RE Program. They should contact the Office of Educator Licensure if they need help: email@example.com
- RE’s program year status (Year 1, Year 2, etc.)
- If an RE has not been marked as "Complete" for a previous program year, they cannot be registered for the next year. The local program coordinator must contact REProgram@education.ohio.gov first to correct the previous year's record, and then they can register the RE for the current school year.
- RE's school or building IRN
- RE's fiscal organization IRN (this is usually the district IRN; if an organization has only one IRN, it can be used for both entries)
- RE's mentor or facilitator Educator State ID and full name
See the CORE User Manual on the Resources and Tools page for instructions on how to access Resident Educator Program registration.
Registering Resident Educators to take Resident Educator Summative Assessment (RESA)
Resident Educators (REs) in their second year of the program are required to take RESA. CORE will automatically set the parameter to Yes for these Resident Educators.
End-of-Year Reporting (Completion Criteria)
Program coordinators are required to provide confirmation in CORE that all program requirements have or have not been completed at the end of each school year.
If a resident educator (RE) has not successfully completed all of the criteria for a program year, their program coordinator must mark that they did not complete the program year and must register them for the incomplete year again in the following school year. For example, if an RE was registered for year 1 in 2022-2023 and did not complete all of the criteria for year 1, they cannot be registered for year 2 for the 2023-2024 school year. Instead, the program coordinator would register the RE as year 1 again in 2023-2024 and the RE would complete all year 1 criteria in order to be registered for year 2 in 2024-2025.
Completion criteria for previous program years cannot be entered once a new program year has started. If an RE has No Entry for a registration record from a prior year, please email REProgram@education.ohio.gov for assistance.
Standards, Resources and Tools
For further guidance, visit these standards, resources and tools.
Last Modified: 11/3/2023 10:50:59 AM