Grant Opportunity January 2022
This grant opportunity is to support districts and schools in developing new Educators Rising Ohio chapters as a strategy to promote a “grow your own” approach to teacher recruitment.
Public school districts and schools in Ohio may apply for this grant. Programs that address the following recommendations will be given priority consideration for funding:
- Developing chapters in urban and rural school districts
- Create a local recruitment plan to attract students of color to participate
- Develop a plan for expanding existing Educators Rising Ohio chapters to students in middle school or high school freshman and sophomore grades.
Note: Public school districts and schools include traditional, community and virtual schools.
Educators Rising Ohio is an affiliate of Educators Rising, a Career Technical Student Organization (CTSO). The mission of this organization is to cultivate a new generation of highly skilled educators by guiding young people on a path from high school through college and into their teaching careers. By working with aspiring educators who reflect the demographics of their communities and who are passionate about serving those communities through public education, Educators Rising is changing the face of teaching. The group’s vision is a clear pathway in every school district in America for young people who want to serve their communities as highly skilled educators.
Ohio’s Strategic Plan for Education, Each Child, Our Future, approved by the State Board of Education, outlines a goal around increasing the supply of highly effective teachers and leaders (Strategy 1). It also highlights the importance of culturally relevant teaching and instructional practices to meet the learning needs of all students. Students who participate in Educators Rising as a CTSO can return to their home districts after college meeting both these important facets.
Studies have shown that close to 60% of teachers teach within 20 miles of where they went to school. Educators Rising is setting students on a path to become accomplished educators who stay in the field and serve their communities.
Eligible Applicants: Proposals must be developed and submitted by either an Ohio K-12 public district, virtual or community school as the project and fiscal lead organization.
Grants are awarded per school building.
- Year 1 (March 28, 2022 – June 30, 2022) Maximum Funding per Grant Application: $2,000 – planning year
- Year 2 (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023) Maximum Funding per Grant Application: $5,000 – implementation
- Year 3 (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024) Maximum Funding per Grant Application: $5,000 – implementation
For more information contact Angela Dicke, State Coordinator
Last Modified: 8/31/2022 1:28:10 PM